MTB Weekender North Wales - October 4-5-6th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just bumping for anyone who may not have seen this. Last April's crew are 'mostly' all still coming. Anyone else interested ?

My lad is down for the Welsh rally, so there will be one bed down, but we managed OK last time. I've 'found' the air beds, so will have to test them. I think my lad will have a friend with him, so we'll shove them in the one room.

Flexible on options as we can pick the best places to ride depending upon weather. Penmachno is probably 6 feet under water at present as it's apparently wet even in the best of weather.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm one of the definites (which might actually put people off?) but am getting severe glares from Mrs Skol when I discuss it as I now have something cycle or 4x4 related going on for the next 4 weekends!

I don't care where I sleep.... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Bump again. Anyone that didn't do this in April is invited (oh and those that did come in April too).

There was no Netflix style murders from random internet folk. Nobody died, one fell off, one broke a bike part, one got savaged by a horse fly. All went home happy !

PS - got a few coming, but we can accept a few more - we aren't weird....

We also have options to watch The Welsh Rally in Colwyn Bay on Saturday night -that means riding, and no faffing in the shower, as we have folks to 'process'...

We did 7 muddy fellas in less than an hour - turned up covered in crap, came out booted and suited.....

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
And the rest.... who clocked up nearly 300 miles last weekend........
OK, I didn't want to come on here saying 'I'm going to rip all your legs off!'

Such macho BS comments might be off-putting to other potential riders that are unsure whether to give it a go or not and are worried they might struggle to keep up. We always hang on for the slowest rider so nobody gets left behind. It doesn't matter how fit or capable the group is, somebody is always going to be the slowest regardless.

Anyhow, looking forward to it, and I am going to rip all your legs off! :ninja:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jody

Stubborn git
I removed my earlier reply as I was really hoping to get back for a day or two but it is looking doubtful. My bike got absolutely wrecked in Wales last week and will need some money throwing at it. Coupled with vibe I got from my partner when suggesting another trip to Wales so soon after it looks like I'm out :-(

Did the Marin trail after you guys recommended it and it was a great few hours riding. The last descent was a hoot.

Hopefully next time for me.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

We don't leave anyone behind as they aren't getting away with avoiding getting a round in at the pub. :laugh:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

We're on. Four, possibly five of us this time, next one will be once the season (camp site) starts again in April. Packed for all eventuality of weather (except spiked tyres). Spare tyres, bleed kit and full tool box packed, and a heated clothes airer rack (Aldi special).

Forecast is looking OK - showers, 14c. Coed y Brenin tomorrow for 'The Beast', and possibly Llandegla or Marin (Gwydir) Sunday - the weather will guide us.

D

Deleted member 26715

Good luck to you all, I wish I was fit enough to join you, but it would have to be a hotel to sleep in this time of year, camping no way!!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Back at the @fossyant hotel drinking a cold beer. I bagsied 1st shower so feeling human again now.
Had a great day at Coed y Brenin where we rode about 2/3rds of The Beast before returning to the start to try out the new'ish Minator trail sections. It was a hard day but fantastic riding.

Chris likes his new bike :okay:

Amazing waterfall at the top of the Minator.

Wet, weary, worn out. But it was great.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

The Beast was hard. Must remember not to accidentally flick the lock out on my rear suspension and not check why it was sounding wheezy.

Top Bottom