Mud Guards.. Full or Half.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I had a pair of race blades long and they were fine the fist winter, but I found that the rear clip assembly wasn't that good as after removing and replacing two winters running ended up having to fix the clipping assembly with a screw.Plus a big downer was constant rattles.
Just fitted some Life line full mudguards https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lifeline-narrow-road-mudguard-set/rp-prod155364 Ok I've got frame fixings on the bike so are not quickly detachable
but they don't rattle as solid though I might add not the easiest to fit , I first thought half an hour but as had to cut all the stays down to size and trim front mudguard to fit right up tight in the front forks as otherwise it continually rubbed on the tyre It took some time! But seems to work ok at the moment but we will see after Iv'e done a few miles on them.

Mr Celine

Discordian
SKS mudguards only seem to be sold in pairs which is a bit of a waste as IME it's only the rear ones that ever break. This happened last week -

Further inspection showed it had also broken where it attaches to the seat stay bridge.
I'm now testing the indestructability of front mudguards by bodging one of my spares to fit the rear. It's not as long as a proper rear one but is longer than a raceblade.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
SKS mudguards only seem to be sold in pairs which is a bit of a waste as IME it's only the rear ones that ever break. This happened last week -

View attachment 507883
Further inspection showed it had also broken where it attaches to the seat stay bridge.
I'm now testing the indestructability of front mudguards by bodging one of my spares to fit the rear. It's not as long as a proper rear one but is longer than a raceblade.

There is a rear SKS for sale for £8 on Facebook. In the audax for sale group.

Top Bottom