Muddyfox blade - decent bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
You would be fine with a boardman hybrid as long it is in reasonable condition. It will be a lot faster than your old MTB. They are light and well specced for the money. The frame geometry is a little less aggressive than a road bike, but on a commute in some ways more practical. You can always sell it on to fund a road bike in the future.

Dilbert

:welcome: You have come to the right place, I have picked up no end of useful advice since I came on here.

A couple of the guys in the team at work have the Boardman Hybrids and are very happy with them. I have a Boardman Road bike and have been very happy with it, so much so that tomorrow I am picking up a Team Cross on our new C2W scheme as I want something with a proper rack and mudguards for the winter which is something to consider. The two bikes you list there should take a rack and mudguards. I have gone for the Cross bike rather than a Hybrid as my commute is along the coast and I spend a lot of time on my drops due to head winds. I would only get one of Ebay if I could go and see it first, but thats just me.

If you want a road bike then those Decathlon bikes look like very good value (we were in the Stockport one at the weekend and my son was eyeing one up). The Carreras are a good deal to, if its an ex display model you can often negotiate a few extra quid off if it has minor cosmetic damage (SWMBO got a £500 Carrera MTB for £320 this week as a v early xmas present and its lovely). There is also this. If you are buying by card from Halfords register your card with Quidco first and you will get 4% cashback as well.

With a road bike you can always get raceblades or crudracers and a beam rack, which is what I used last winter.

Top Bottom