Mudguards for Ridgeback Velocity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SiHH

Regular
Hi all,

I am very new to cycling and picked up a 2nd hand Ridgeback Velocity late last year and am loving riding it. I would like to start fitting some accessories to it before I embark on a tour with it.

What do I need to do to measure up for mudguards for it?

Can anyone recommend any?

Thanks in advance.

SiHH

Gez73

Veteran
I use SKS guards on both my bikes. Chromoplastics on one and Longboards on the other. Look great and dead secure. A little difficult to mount first time but patience and time makes it worthwhile. It will depend on your wheel size and tyre width to determine the best set for you. I'm assuming you're using 700c wheels and have the necessary fittings on the frame? SKS do a huge range, well worth a look.

OP
OP
SiHH

SiHH

Regular
Thanks for the response Gez.

These are the tyres and rims I have, I'll post pictures later to show the fittings i have

Front:
Continental Contact Safety System 37-622 28x13/8x15x8
Alexrims F1CE-19 Double Wall 622-17

Rear:
Continental Touring Plus
Accedo Double Wall

Gez73

Veteran
I'm sure you'd find something in the SKS range. Depends on your own choice really. If you want a pair of 'fit and forget' guards they're your best bet but as I don't know your frame maybe someone else here could steer you elsewhere.Mine are ideal for my bikes and needs! If you can check before buying that would be ideal. Good luck with the hunt!
Gez

Matt-g

I've been researching these for weeks and finally went with a pair of sks bluemels. I rather fancied the crud road racers but decided against it, as although I ride a road bike, I seem to end up spending most of my time on canal towpaths, which can be a bit Stoney. I think the sks are a stronger more permanent solution

OP
OP
SiHH

SiHH

Regular
Here are some pictures of my ride. Just need to know if the above suggestions will fit?
ZJxAu

http://imgur.com/a/ZJxAu

Gez73

Veteran
Looks like they should fit fine. You'll need to check that you've enough clearance at the front. That's enough space between the front wheel and the frame for the guard to fit. The back looks fine. Apart from that you should be fine. Make sure you've also got some room to fit slightly chunkier tyres if you think you'll need to do that during Winter. Gez

Top Bottom