Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
I have an Orbea Gain M21. It claims to have mudguard mounts and indeed it does at the front but not at the back. I'm looking for some clip on guards suitable for a 40mm tyre. Raceblades only go up to 32mm. Any suggestions? MTB guards are not suitable as I ride with people I would like to remain friendly with...

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
P clips on the seat stays will work.

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
Oh dear. Bike is back from my bike guru with no guards. SKS Raceblades wont fit (or at least not to his exacting standards). He has located another option and they are on order to try. Failing that it will be MTB guards which will be fine for commuting but wont cut the mustard for club runs.

adoli

You could try out the Crud Road Racer MK3 mudguards.
These mudguards appear to fit any type of bike including racing bikes and gravel bikes.
They hold on using a kind of tough Velcro fastening. As I did not have any mounts, this was the best option.
So far it has worked really well.
(I wrote about it on my blog here:
https://adoli.com/best-removable-mudguards-for-road-bike/
as I had been looking for solutions in this area for a very long time, and been really suffering with a wet bum etc)

Would this be any use?

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com...MIhfT3lv-Y5QIVRkPTCh3QcAg6EAQYAiABEgK9NvD_BwE

I used one as a permanent rear on my old dale after the mounts went wonky (damn ally bikes!) And found it fine. I even found it rather elegant.

I know it looks a bit cheap and heath robinsonish but it really does hold solid. And can be put on and off easily - though as I said I just left it on.

I never had any complaints from folk behind me on rides and If i had i would gave taken note - i find folk without rear guards profoundly antisocia!. It can be positioned close to the tyre, following its curve for maximum effectiveness.

Last edited:
Top Bottom