Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

What is the best mudguards to buy for the winter? I'm looking for ones that are easy to take on and off (the sort of clip on ones I think). Mudguards that would fit tyres up to 28 would be good.

Thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member
Have you already used the search function - there are several threads running already in the accessories part of the forum ;)
https://www.cyclechat.net/forums/components-accessories-clothing.75/
You probably want raceblades XL/long however in the correct width if wanting to remove

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
What is the difference between Raceblade Pro and Raceblade Pro XL? I presume the XL is for bigger tyre width?

footloose crow

Über Member
What is the difference between Raceblade Pro and Raceblade Pro XL? I presume the XL is for bigger tyre width?

XL for wider tyres 28mm plus

The Raceblades are OK but they don't cover the full wheel at the back so the bike still gets pretty dirty when it's filthy out. They cope OK with road spray or wet tarmac and are better than no guards at all. Very easy to get on and off.

But they won't manage dirty back lanes!

If your bike will take full length guards that would be better.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If your frame has the mounts for it, "proper" mudguards beat the clip on types such as SKS hands down, and are just as easy to remove provided you have an allen key :smile:.

have you checked your frame for mounts?

Wiggle lifeline ones are cheap but great - very solid, no rattling, easy to fit etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom