Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jay clock

Massive member
I have a wet weather road bike with guards on all year round, and the dry weather road bike which obviously doesn't. So even in the great British summer when its pelting it down in August I can get out on the road and not get a wet arse!
I am another Jay and I aslo have this luxury. And a new TT bike on order now!! Argon18 E80. I try and justify that this is all cheaper than booze, fags, gym and Sky TV, but sometimes wonder

400bhp

Guru
I use both my bikes to commute on so in the past the guards have stayed on a year. However, I use my road bike for weekend runs and have been thinking about removing the Crud Roadracers over the summer month and fitting a set of SKS raceblades as and when there is rain forecast. The cruds could stay on all year but they rattle about a bit and catch every now and then which can be annoying.

I think I need to buy a weekend bike too - that would be the answer to all my problems.:whistle:

MarkF

Guru
Never used them, not even on long tours. All my bikes have a rear rack with a solid upper plate, so I don't get my back splattered and that's all I'm bothered about. :smile:

D7JAB

Mine are staying on all year, too fiddly to keep putting on and taking off. Once you have fiddled with all the clearances the weather has changed anyway.

Top Bottom