Mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I have a wet weather road bike with guards on all year round, and the dry weather road bike which obviously doesn't. So even in the great British summer when its pelting it down in August I can get out on the road and not get a wet arse!

OP
OP
B

billy1561

BB wrecker
That's just unfair Jay! Wish I had that luxury too.
Good on ya mate.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I took mine off a couple of weeks ago but plan to put them back on before I go out again.
Need to get some decent ones for MTB to avoid spraying granddaughters in the trailer or not take them out till it's dry.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Four of mine have mudguards permanently fitted, two (road and TT) don't. Purely practical.

D

Deleted member 1258

Both my commuter and my Sunday best bike are fitted with mudguards, they stay on all year round.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
fitted mudguards Saturday..(newish bike/newer guards).......they will stay on now......cannot predict the weather so they will stay on because of the commute......thought they would spoil the look of the bike but haven't really......was glad of them this morning as roads were damp but it was not raining so prevented the "ultimate skid mark":biggrin:

ushills

Veteran
Mudguards and lights stay on all year, that way I can go out any time and in any weather
E057.png

Never used mudguards until last year though and cannot believe the difference they made, dry feet, dry arse etc. With the roads round here you get wet even when it isn't raining!

Globalti

Legendary Member
My CX winter trainer has mudguards and it's amazing what a difference they make to my willpower on a wet day - I don't mind going out if I know my arse is going to stay dry.

D

Deleted member 1258

My CX winter trainer has mudguards and it's amazing what a difference they make to my willpower on a wet day - I don't mind going out if I know my arse is going to stay dry.

Thats the thing I hate, the ultimate skid mark, the the muddy cold wet streak up the backside from no mudguards, Yuk.:ohmy:

gilespargiter

Veteran
Unless you are actually racing, I cannot think of a single reason to remove them.

Completely agree; all my bikes have mudguards.

Question that comes to my mind - are people without them anti social or are they muddy shower fetishists? :smile: I usually just go past them. .

Top Bottom