Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Gorgeous morning on the beach. I'm in my recliner garden chair listening to the birds chattering and topping up my tan.

There are a load of roof builder type peeps around at the moment and asked if we could move our car just in case something went slippy slidy, oops, crash , sorry!
Gwen was being strange again this morning yelling her head off for no apparent reason, she came down stairs and yelled at me before laying on her side next to my wife's handbag. I thought that it might do my back some good to lay on the floor so I joined her to give her a stroke, she was soon crawling along sideways the way that cat's seem to do. If her yelling was just attention seeking I wish she would do it in more convenient places.

My wife and I enjoyed a cup of tea quicker than we expected. I made 2 hot drinks and took them up the garden so that we could sit by the pond, have a rest and watch the wildlife. I put both cups on the table and sat down, Schrodie wanted to sit on my lap so I let him, his next move was to climb onto the table. Down went the edge of the table where he was catapulting both drinks into the air and onto the ground. I went and made some more drinks and we sat and watched the activity. Damsel flies, tadpoles and the Croc showed up again briefly before hiding under some plants.
The Hedgehog started stiring, we think it was getting hot so we have placed a cardboard box over the nest to give some shade.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
A very pleasant lunch with friends.

Oh, I also learnt that I need a new hip!!

A terrible fate to fall on one so young!

( This news had nothing to do with the lunch!)

Hope you don't have to wait too long to get it, so you can enjoy being more active again.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Morning, it is sunny here with some cloud that looks like a sandy beach after the tide has gone out, it's full of ripples.

What a poetic description! I can just imagine those clouds.

We have Google cricket game over here today. 14 the best I can do so far.

Our friends were vying with each other over who could get a century first, it got much harder the higher the score.

This morning I scrabbled about on the loft for the parental unit. She wanted more thread for her crochet project. Found enough of what she wanted for her to complete what she's doing. I needed to de-cobweb myself afterwards. :surrender:

Had the prawns that I picked up yesterday on YS for lunch. Shared them with the girls. As you do. :blush: Lexi especially, is very partial to prawns.

Popped over to the Co-op to nail down final reductions. Spoke to the lady who does them most days and learnt a lot. Picked up two packs of gorgonzola for 60p a pack, two Grasmere Farms chicken and ham pies at 56p each, a tray of boned chicken thighs for 95p, a tray of oven ready triple cooked chips for 50p and a bag of watercress for 25p. :dance: I didn't get paid to take anything away today. :cry:

Next on the agenda was a nice ride - managed 21 miles in the early evening sunshine, including climbing the horrible Mill Hill at 18 miles. :girldance: But that made tonight's fish and chip supper taste absolutely wonderful.

I have an individual bakewell tart for later. :hungry:

Top Bottom