Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny at times, cloudy at others but no rain as yet. Cote du Blubberhouses is now closed until the end of June at least. Becoming a bit of a local press scandal as the problem with the A59 splitting up is not actually in the ravine where problems normally arise but where they have started work on the ravine bypass. Whatever it still needs fixing.

tyred

Legendary Member
Someone has been putting junk mail leaflets into the letter boxes whilst I was out. An advertisement for things like greenhouses, decking, summer houses and lawn mowers.

I'm sure they'll get loads of sales to the residents of of an apartment block...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a 6th floor hotel room in a dull and overcast Leeds. Good job I wasn't booked on an early train home as I didn't wake up until quarter to nine!

Just having the usual post large cooked breakfast rest and contemplating a final coffee before heading for a slow stroll through the city centre and the train station.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning from a 6th floor hotel room in a dull and overcast Leeds. Good job I wasn't booked on an early train home as I didn't wake up until quarter to nine!

Just having the usual post large cooked breakfast rest and contemplating a final coffee before heading for a slow stroll through the city centre and the train station.
Reminded me that when we were visiting daughter in Leeds a couple of years ago I wandered past the Evans store that was right outside the Station entrance. Saw there was a 20% sale on so popped in for a browse and came out with a Brompton Electric 🤔

tyred

Legendary Member
Yes but surely you will need such things for your weekend cottage in the countryside.

My weekend place but still not sure where I would put the decking. 🤔

2024-03-29_11-11-32.jpg

tyred

Legendary Member
The boyracer twit up the road with the Civic covered in bodykits, who keeps doing burnout starts at the junction seems to have broken a driveshaft.

I was wondering why the car was sitting parked in a strange place earlier, I see he is starting work on it now with another driveshaft sitting on the pavement along with tools.

I wonder will the idiot learn anything from this.

Mike_P

Guru
Rain arrived so the cars wipers got exercised on the return from Sainsbury's where it seemed the system was starting to go down with self scanners not recording at the first attempt and far too many tills not having a green light above them. Got through them okay and the Nectar app/ card knocked almost a quarter of what the bill would have been along with points worth £1.26 cashback.
Prior to that a M&S Simply Food for gift card free bananas and a coffee & walnut cake.
Got home to a freshly baked loaf, but the first one with my new bread maker where the paddle has stuck in the loaf. Awaits the noise of metal on metal when cutting it.
Update: a bit of careful excavation of the underside of the loaf and the paddle extracted.

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
The boyracer twit up the road with the Civic covered in bodykits, who keeps doing burnout starts at the junction seems to have broken a driveshaft. I see he is starting work on it now with another driveshaft sitting on the pavement along with tools.

I wonder will the idiot learn anything from this.

Well, hopefully he'll learn how to replace a driveshaft.

A mild day here chez Casa Reynard, but a blustery one filled with a mix of sunshine and Biblical-grade showers.

Slept OK-ish other than having to wake up for a coughing jag. Parental unit and I are both snotting and sneezing. Now the app on this laptop is warning me of a high pollen count (and yes, mum and I both do suffer from hay fever brought on by tree pollen) but on the off chance that this isn't that, I shall do a Covid test later. I have no desire to go out tomorrow and spread any nasty lurgis.

Have had a fun morning making some natural dyes to colour hard-boiled eggs.

It is almost time for luncheon and someone wants their chicken.

Top Bottom