Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Was going to teak oil the garden table and chairs but as soon as I thought of doing that dark clouds appeared so I didn't; it did stay dry this afternoon but if had started...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
After a decent ride out this morning to Selby and north a bit I've started to tackle the garden. Grass has been cut as it's the first day without rain we've had in a while - then it rained. Also, the compose bin has had mice in - which is fine - but whatever was in it on Monday had a long tail. There's also a hole nearby that looks too big for mice. So I've pulled out the base and started the process of moving the compost bin somewhere else, this time with a proper solid base.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
After a decent ride out this morning to Selby and north a bit I've started to tackle the garden. Grass has been cut as it's the first day without rain we've had in a while - then it rained. Also, the compose bin has had mice in - which is fine - but whatever was in it on Monday had a long tail. There's also a hole nearby that looks too big for mice. So I've pulled out the base and started the process of moving the compost bin somewhere else, this time with a proper solid base.

Mice generally have longer hairy tails than rats which have shorter near naked tails. Size of hole could indeed signify rats.
I spent nearly 20 years in malting and distilling so had too many eyeball to eyeball encounters with rats of all sizes.
Best to err on the safe side tho’.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Was going to teak oil the garden table and chairs but as soon as I thought of doing that dark clouds appeared so I didn't; it did stay dry this afternoon but if had started...
I hope the people of Harrogate are suitably grateful.
I'd also be grateful if you don't do it again on the 15th when I'm in the area, thank you :smile:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
With it being Easter Sunday this weekend, do you think I ought to make a start on...
Easter Sunday.jpg

Top Bottom