Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
So having phoned to report the drain I've been told as it's not over flowing. (Maybe that's because we are being careful when using it)
It's not an emergency but a within 3 working days repair. I do wonder at times what we pay our rent for. They even asked if i'd tried to clear it myself. As It's an odd shaped bend so you need to see what you're doing. At the moment you can't even see any of it never mind fish anything out.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Started out bright and sunny but now clouding over as forecast.
My nearest neighbour is a bit of a problem in some ways.
He does cut my grass and I supply the fuel which he uses also for his own and his parents grass areas. Now he is borrowing a scarifier to clear moss as my lawn area is not up to standard which is good of him but a bit over the top.
Yesterday a bench arrived while nobody was about and the delivery driver plonked it at the top of my garden where there was space.
Neighbour now suggests it could stay there. I do not really want it but what on earth can I do?

The diving industry and recreational divers not happy. NHS funding has been withdrawn from the Oban hyperbaric chamber which means any bent divers have to go to Aberdeen. We used to get quite a few here and they went to Fort William in those days.

Finally a touroid wants to know if his disabled wife can take her mobility scooter from Pennygowan camp site to Salen.

Edit to add I got my" Pennys" mixed up and it is only a couple of miles on a double track road to Salen but traffic speeds are reaching 60mph and there is a section we called the M1 aka Mull 1 which is single track in each direction over a river.

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from this corner of Suffolk which is currently sitting under a cover of flat grey cloud. Another slow start to the day with a lie in and a very good mug of coffee while listening to the ramblings of Radcliffe & Maconie on the radio.

All that's planned for today is a shopping trip to get the food in for the weekend and rolls & filling to take to Brands Hatch for the truck race meeting tomorrow. There may be a longer bike ride in the afternoon so long as it stays dry.

classic33

Leg End Member
A Turnspit dog! You could get it to power all sorts of things!
Maybe even some "pooch power" tools in the workshop.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mice generally have longer hairy tails than rats which have shorter near naked tails. Size of hole could indeed signify rats.
I spent nearly 20 years in malting and distilling so had too many eyeball to eyeball encounters with rats of all sizes.
Best to err on the safe side tho’.

Cogitating on the subject of rats. We used a roller mill to make grist so it was grist from the mill and not to the mill as commonly said.
Standing beside the mill there would be a sudden thump and a flat rat shot out into the mash tun.
Rats got caught in the conveyor systems and added themselves to the brewing process. It all added flavour to the finished product.
Out product was distilled but I wonder if the same flavours are added in beer brewing which is basically the same at that point.:blush:

Cogitating on the subject of rats. We used a roller mill to make grist so it was grist from the mill and not to the mill as commonly said.
Standing beside the mill there would be a sudden thump and a flat rat shot out into the mash tun.
Rats got caught in the conveyor systems and added themselves to the brewing process. It all added flavour to the finished product.
Out product was distilled but I wonder if the same flavours are added in beer brewing which is basically the same at that point.:blush:

And people wonder why I don't drink...

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Is that from where the phrase 'Rat Ar**d' is derived? 🤔

tom73

Guru
Charlie look's to be off this morning , last night he was crying the place down but after a few times of seeing to him in the end he did settle.
This morning he was having none of it so missed his walk. He then started to limp on his front leg i've had a good look and he's happy for me to handle it. Went into town and left him sleeping in the front room laying in the sun. Come back and it's no better just had to carry him out side for a wee. Have to see how he go's but its looking like a trip to vets some time today. :sad:

Last edited:
Top Bottom