Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
Now why didn't I think of that?
You have to make certain the dog couldn't get at the pig whilst over the fire. And a means of keeping the fire fed.

Carruthers organises one of the staff to keep the fires fed, and the dog would simply be contained within the wheel by some mesh either side.

Mike_P

Guru
<I<ryey
So having phoned to report the drain I've been told as it's not over flowing. (Maybe that's because we are being careful when using it)
It's not an emergency but a within 3 working days repair. I do wonder at times what we pay our rent for. They even asked if i'd tried to clear it myself. As It's an odd shaped bend so you need to see what you're doing. At the moment you can't even see any of it never mind fish anything out.

Might unblock with some chemical cleaner down it from the supermarket

Speicher

Vice Admiral
So having phoned to report the drain I've been told as it's not over flowing. (Maybe that's because we are being careful when using it)
It's not an emergency but a within 3 working days repair. I do wonder at times what we pay our rent for. They even asked if i'd tried to clear it myself. As It's an odd shaped bend so you need to see what you're doing. At the moment you can't even see any of it never mind fish anything out.

I seem to get frequent blockages in drains. I now have a drain unblock kit. For narrow pipes a length of net curtain wire is useful, especially as there is a small hook each end. There is also a stiff wire thing that will unwind.

For the outside drain from the kitchen which goes round umpty nine bends, I use a long section of the hose that normally links two water butts. It is flexible and strong.

Unfortunately I do not travel as far as Yorkshire.

Mike_P

Guru
Sunny morning so far so going to risk the washing out, the teak oil and a walk to Aldi or is that tempting fate too much. Ebike has it's visit to Waitrose and it's rider happy as for the first time in a few weeks the mobile app has come up with food offers I use. So 2 pints of milk for 75p and four Activia yogurts for £1. The lack of recent use meant a dead Varia battery and the Elemnt Bolt, which I thought had around 25% left, died on the return.

Last edited:

MikeG

Guru
Would letting the dog organise the staff, whilst Carruthers is on the wheel help or hinder things?

One of Carruthers many talents is keeping a sharp eye on the use of Americanisms in English. Unless we could train a dog to recognise "defense" rather than "defence", for instance, and then judiciously apply the necessary punishments, then our language would deteriorate even more rapidly, which I'd be loath to see. Carruthers can sometimes be a bit over-enthusiastic in his use of thumbscrews or the Cat o' 9 Tails, so maybe a spell in the wheel himself would give him a chance for a recalibration. I'll think the issue through.

classic33

Leg End Member
One of Carruthers many talents is keeping a sharp eye on the use of Americanisms in English. Unless we could train a dog to recognise "defense" rather than "defence", for instance, and then judiciously apply the necessary punishments, then our language would deteriorate even more rapidly, which I'd be loath to see. Carruthers can sometimes be a bit over-enthusiastic in his use of thumbscrews or the Cat o' 9 Tails, so maybe a spell in the wheel himself would give him a chance for a recalibration. I'll think the issue through.
The dog shouldn't have any problems recognising defence, it should be familiar with at least one post.

Top Bottom