Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a lovely luncheon of the last of the Melton Mowbray pork pie, plus a slice of bread with some Polish sausage, a banana, some pineapple and the obligatory two :cuppa:

The empty kindling bin that lives under the utility room porch has fainted. No point in dealing with it right now as it's still blowing a right hoolie. I shall deal with it tomorrow.

I haven't had a fire in the evening for the past three or four days , the daytime temperatures have been in the upper 20's c.
Being of an idle nature l haven't cleared the wood ash from the fireplace but l finally got round to feeling that enough is enough and that l had better get on with it. So ash bucket and shovel in hand l approached the hearth only to be met by what looks to me like the head and face of a reproachful, elderly and slightly charred , old man. There is no way l am going to disturb what could possibly be a " spirit of the hearth" or perhaps l should lay off the Pastis 51 for a day or two !! Even the photo is laying on its side !!

tempImagej2g9kN.png

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good afternoon from Harrogate. A very enjoyable walk up from Knaresborough, through the Nidd Gorge the long way under the viaduct and meandering into town from there. Forgot to start the Garmin to confirm the distance, etc but based on the 20,000 steps recorded it's somewhere around 9 muddy miles and the equivalent of 60 floors climbed. My legs will hate me in the morning.
IMG_20240415_142807187_HDR.jpg

Good job I was thinking of binning these shoes when I get back home.

tom73

Guru
Good afternoon from Harrogate. A very enjoyable walk up from Knaresborough, through the Nidd Gorge the long way under the viaduct and meandering into town from there. Forgot to start the Garmin to confirm the distance, etc but based on the 20,000 steps recorded it's somewhere around 9 muddy miles and the equivalent of 60 floors climbed. My legs will hate me in the morning.
View attachment 727757

You've no chance of getting into Bettys like that. :laugh:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
You've no chance of getting into Bettys like that. :laugh:

An overrated visit in our experience. Tried it once but never again.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Not a nice day so far as weather is concerned. Very dark and cold until mid afternoon when the sun appeared briefly. This was only to catch the unwary as the rain came back tho' the wind died down enough to let the ferries resume what passes for normal service nowadays.
Fell asleep mid morning and again in the afternon. I feel very tired these days even tho' only doing bursts of activity when travelling but it seems to take a couple of days to catch up with me. Weather is too bad for triking but am getting sorted to try getting the Ice trike outdoors on the next non rainy day.
Ferry timetable is getting even more complicated as with two small boats on the MV Isle of Mull is going to be diverted from the Lochboisdale/Oban route sometimes if there is spare capacity to make a stop at Craignure to load or unload vehicles. This will not be bookable very far in advance so how they are going to manage is anybody's guess. The port staff always get praised for remaining calm and good tempered in the face of problems and sometimes very abusive customers.
To add to the problems of normal traffic the music festival is approaching which can bring large numbers and one enterprising crofter allowed camping on one of his fields which in the past was pretty crammed.

I haven't had a fire in the evening for the past three or four days , the daytime temperatures have been in the upper 20's c.
Being of an idle nature l haven't cleared the wood ash from the fireplace but l finally got round to feeling that enough is enough and that l had better get on with it. So ash bucket and shovel in hand l approached the hearth only to be met by what looks to me like the head and face of a reproachful, elderly and slightly charred , old man. There is no way l am going to disturb what could possibly be a " spirit of the hearth" or perhaps l should lay off the Pastis 51 for a day or two !! Even the photo is laying on its side !!

View attachment 727753

dude what are you smoking?

View attachment 727757

well done, you! maybe reward yourself with a soak in an epsom bath?

is there any good way to clean shoes?

Top Bottom