Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Back from the dog walk or maybe more like a swim. Started off a bit :rain: 1/2 way all let loose and :rain::rain::rain: lucky i'd thought it may happen and had my water proof trousers on. Though I did end up with wet feet the sheer about of water over whelmed my waterproof walking shoes. Not a surprise as the pavements on way home being full of flowing water.
We've both dried off and my stuff is now hanging up drying, time for warming :cuppa:.

MikeG

Guru
Oh goodie. Yet another storm:

1713163152966.png

Morning .
It is raining and very windy here.
Not doing much at the moment.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
And possibly the best use of a song in a film (American Werewolf in London).
Sweet Home Alabama and it's use in Con Air runs it very close though.
Strange to see mention of Creedence and Sweet Home Alabama last night.

I wish you had been at the Dog and Bell pub quiz last night. It was a ''wipeout'' round, where if you get 1 answer wrong you lose all the points in that round, so if you're not sure, you don't give an answer. The question was which song begins with the lyrics ''Big wheels keep on turning?'' Team mate Ashley started singing the line and I instantly recognised it as from Creedence Clearwater song ''Rolling on a river''/Proud Mary''. At my insistence we went for that. Of course, the key word was ''begins''. In Proud Mary, the rolling lyrics lead into the chorus, whereas Sweet Home Alabama has an almost identical version of the same line at the beginning. Wipeout!

We came last in the quiz and their cask cider was too sweet. On the plus side, their cask ales were excellent.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A dismal day with ferry disruptions likely.
Not a day for a trip to Oban for sure and I had to put on the kitchen lights to find some breakfast. I will shortly go and boil up some water for coffee and will certainly need to put the lights on at about 0900 to find anything.

Interesting the subject of settlers has erupted on FB due to those who belong here being sidelined and not informed of a meeting involving a village facility.
You can walk the length of the street [about half a mile] and not hear one Scottish voice. Those who are local or Scots incomers are working at jobs which are based away from the tourist but even at that estimates vary and some put the percentage of Scots living here as low as 20%.

Edit to correct the % figure given earlier.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
That's the most likely reason.

Cats without indoor facilities that come with a Human to keep them clean will tend to poop on the edges of their range to a) mark it out and b) announce their presence in the area, especially if it's not covered to damp down the "strength" of the message. More so if the cat is an entire male; at this time of year they're on the look out for girls and pretty keen to make sure everyone knows they're around.

If the cat isn't neutered, maybe have a word with the neighbour about sending his boy off for a pompomectomy as it will definitely ameliorate the situation. Output from the rear will also be far less odoriferous, a neuter boy is far less likely to wander, and is at a much lower risk of contracting FIV and FeLV as these are spread by both sexual contact and bites / fighting. Oh, and it totally eliminates the risk of testicular cancer of course.

If it's the one I am thinking of it has been neutered.

Top Bottom