Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Fog has lifted and can now see the sea. Also visible is a large fish farm boat lurking just out of sight of most of the town beside the cliff beyond where the Diorlinn meets the main Sound.
They have been seen there before so possibly cleaning tanks where there is a strong tide snd deep water.

Dentist done for the moment but she insists one more tooth should come out as cardiology is very fussy. Don’t see cardiology consultant for another month and they may not wish to take it any further anyway.
Got pads in case of excess bleeding and antibiotics on standby since if any infection it would be the weekend.
Complicated instructions which I hope not to need.
Had teeth out before but never had all this follow up stuff.

tom73

Guru
OK so long as they don't come off! :crazy:
Been known to at times and that's all i'm saying. As the saying go's what happens on tour stays on tour. ;)

tom73

Guru
Just given Charle a fur cut all is well and he's still got 2 of everything he should have. Taken a bit longer than normal he's over due, but with all the the vet visits ect the last few weeks. I've been waiting for him to be well enough, with this warm weather. I was not waiting any longer he was struggling a bit with it. He's like a new lamb now full of beans. Finished cleaning up and now sat having :cuppa: then time for a sandwich once ive baked the at home baguette.

Spent the afternoon gardening, and the place is now beginning to look a lot more tidy. I will have to hand-weed the nettles that have popped up in the big drifts of forget-me-nots and alliums, but that's a small price to pay for just how spectacular all that blue and white looks right now. And the bees and butterflies are loving it.

Did manage to sneak half an hour in the sun with a good book in the company of Madam Lexi.

Now going to grab a :cuppa: and watch the early evening news.

Mike_P

Guru
Evening ebiked to Sainsbury's. Actually had a pack of unsmoked Mackerel which was duly removed from the shelf restoring to its normal empty look. Squeak returned then one of the cleats started making it's presence known so maybe thats what needs attention.

Picked up a 1970 stainless steel Baylor tank watch the other day (Baylor are an interesting rarity in the UK, but not so much in the US) for the price of a couple of cups of takeaway coffee because a) I rather liked it, and b) because it was in very clean condition.

Not only does it have a Felsa 4130 movement inside (used, albeit jazzed up a bit, by Chopard in their ladies watches of the same era), but it's also fitted with an NSA five-row ribbon bracelet, which retails for many times more than the initial two cup of coffee outlay.

I think I'll call this a nice little win.

P.S. NSA made the bracelets for Heuer, Rado, Breitling and Zenith amongst others.

tyred

Legendary Member
Fog has lifted and can now see the sea. Also visible is a large fish farm boat lurking just out of sight of most of the town beside the cliff beyond where the Diorlinn meets the main Sound.
They have been seen there before so possibly cleaning tanks where there is a strong tide snd deep water.

Dentist done for the moment but she insists one more tooth should come out as cardiology is very fussy. Don’t see cardiology consultant for another month and they may not wish to take it any further anyway.
Got pads in case of excess bleeding and antibiotics on standby since if any infection it would be the weekend.
Complicated instructions which I hope not to need.
Had teeth out before but never had all this follow up stuff.

I still have my standby antibiotics from my extraction two years ago in a drawer. I must return them to the chemist so they can do whatever it is they do to dispose of unwanted medication. They were a bit of a waste of €11 but I suppose if I'd picked up an infection, I might have been glad to have had them there.

Top Bottom