Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Right here we go

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Driech foggy day and forecast to be like that all day.
Calmac getting stick again as the ferry due back from repair has been delayed and this has knock on effects as vessels due on other routes have to go leaving us in the lurch again.
I seem to be lucky as according to texts and emails my Tuesday morning ferry is 15 minutes earlier sailing. Some others have been bumped from the same sailing with understandably loud lamentations.
You can get a full refund but somebody has reported that they charge an administration fee for their cancellation.:ohmy:

On the other hand there is a big funeral at Kilchoan for a well known local so an extra ferry is running especially for this.

Not looking forward to the afternoon as I go to the dentist and some teeth are being removed. :sad:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright, sunny and warm Suffolk. Despite a good night's sleep it really feels like a two coffee start to the day.

I was thinking of having a bike ride - pub lunch - train home day, but as part of the rail workers industrial actions there's no mid afternoon return trains to Ipswich from the various places I go leaving the intercity service from Stowmarket as the only option and this needs a pre-booking for bike spaces. Do I chance it seeing as it's only a 10-15 minute journey?

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Just seen them who are they? I'm looking for a battery for our Bosch lawnmower.

I may have to buy a new lawn mower at some point, and was thinking of a battery Bosch. Do you like yours?

tom73

Guru
As it's sunny Charle sit's on the front step he can't get out and tends to just enjoy the sun without any trouble. i've just had a panic as he was no where to be seen. Checked all over and nothing found him on the green potting around. Luckily he's not one to wonder off and today he's not really up to much anyway.
Once back I spotted a DPD calling card wedged in the front door frame. We have a squeaky gate which I've left for a reason you can hear it no matter how you open the gate. How they got in I don't know I've not doing anything to make a noise or playing music. Ive heard everything else out this morning. They made no attempt to knock either. So it look like they just left the gate open left the card and closed it and left. In the mean time Charlie walked out he's not quick and wont just run off. They've just left him to to it without a thought.
Do they not think someone must be in as they have a dog just sat on the door step ? I mean the back door is wide open which you can see from the road (it's on the side of the house) :sad:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Just seen them who are they? I'm looking for a battery for our Bosch lawnmower.

They are part of Ali Baba. By the way, in The States, gas powered lawnmowers are so expensive that battery operated ones are the less expensive choice. The crate on mine said that a gasoline lawnmower makes as much pollution as a 300 mile car trip. The statistician in me had to question the terrain of the car trip, type of car used, size of engine, grade of gasoline, and whether the gasoline was an ethanol blend.

Top Bottom