Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am lusting after a pint.Sadly not yet still on pills for vertigo.I finished chemo in January as I have boringly told you before.I decided to let the body have a rest after taking a battering.Then April I got attacks of vertigo,and pills and booze do not mix and vertigo is bad enough mix it with booze and it might be whizz bang boom.But my word the pull of a pint is strong plus a little whisky,anyway maybe soon.

Mike_P

Guru
Short lunchtime walk I remembered to set Strava going today only for it to lose the GPS three quarters of the way
A bit of gardening post WAH and whilst having dinner outside decided that removing the two lower branches of an overlarge conifer would be appropriate. Those quickly topped up the garden wheelie bin for its one day delayed emptying tomorrow.
Ebike went to Lidl this evening and a one stop ride there overly balanced out by five stops on the return with bananas, tinned fish, eggs and almond & orange dark chocolate bars occupying the rucksack.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
An early (for me) good morning from Suffolk. Misty when I woke up first time round about 90 minutes ago, now just cloudy but it looks to be clearing. The first coffee of the day is just about at drinking temperature and a small bowl of porridge has been had for breakfast.
The reason for the early start - I'm off to Brands Hatch for the first day of the BTCC meeting and would like to be there for about 9:30.
Quick pic from last night looking south west (ish)
IMG_20240510_233950003.jpg

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Looks like being a hot sunny day today.
Library day I think and then a short walk before lunch.
A cruise liner has made an unscheduled stop and passengers are being ferried ashore from 0730 so no point in going near the marina.
I was sitting there once and a "local" guide was giving a group a spiel which was a load of absolute rubbish as he had no in depth knowledge of his subject. Sad really as they thought they were getting the real deal.

tyred

Legendary Member
Lovely morning again.

I haven't got my favourite window seat this morning. I'm wondering if I'll get a round or square plate this morning.

Two people that clearly know each other sitting on their own at opposite corners of the café having a shouted conversation across the room. Why don't they sit at the same table instead of shouting? I don't particularly care about his gym fees going up.:gun:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
And home
First cuppa brewing
Lovely day outside

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
An early (for me) good morning from Suffolk. Misty when I woke up first time round about 90 minutes ago, now just cloudy but it looks to be clearing. The first coffee of the day is just about at drinking temperature and a small bowl of porridge has been had for breakfast.
The reason for the early start - I'm off to Brands Hatch for the first day of the BTCC meeting and would like to be there for about 9:30.
View attachment 730426

That's a strange direction for the northern lights!
Still, my windows face north and south and I saw nothing. Glorious sunset though.

Mike_P

Guru
Been one of those mornings. Found I had forgot to disconnect the ebike battery charger so for the first time in ages a fully topped battery. Then setting up the ebike I could not find the Elemnt Bolt.
Set off only to find the roadworks had moved their temporary lights before my normal route leaves the road. A quick U turn.
Then at Waitrose the zip on the rucksacks small compartment got stuck. Eventually fixed.
Waitrose was still in the throws of moving stuff around and was for once the trolleys full of newspapers were the actual newspaper display.
On the return the chain had falling out with the chain ring so one oily finger for the rest of the ride home.
Once home discovered that Strava on the phone had failed to record, sure I hit the start button. Will never know what doing the ride on maximum assist, to try to run the battery down a bit, resulted in. Certainly it seemed there were more times where no assist was being given as the bike had quickly reached its max assist speed which I pedalled beyond.
Have a found the Elemnt Bolt, seems when I took it off the ebike last night I then took three pairs of jeans in off the outdoor dryer. As soon as I picked them up off the chair back I had put them on it appeared.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
View attachment 730426

So if you are looking south west ish from Felixstowe and I am in West Worcestershire, should I also be looking south west tonight? Last night I assumed I should be looking north which has a lot of light polution.

Top Bottom