Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Shorts, sandals and short sleeves. Early summer kit.

A warm and sunny day here chez Casa Reynard.

Slept well. Spent the morning puttering about in the garden. The plants I bought yesterday are now outside on top of the recycling bins to harden off. I have also watered them as they were a bit dry. They'll have the sun later in the afternoon and into the evening.

The strawberry plants ended up as being two Honeoye, one Cambridge Favourite and one Elsanta. I'm not really into it for the fruit - four plants won't give me a massive amount, but I do like to make my garden bee friendly. I get honeybees from the village (the community orchard has several hives, as does another chap), as well as bimble boos in various sizes and colours. They're currently loving my rosa rugosas, the two lilac bushes and all the forget-me-nots.

Might squeeze in a bit of a bicycular bimble before tootling off to Tesco this evening. Although a book and a camping chair sounds like a good idea too.

Anyways, it is just about time for luncheon.

I have a wonderful camping chair that folds up really compact and pretty lightweight, but that is it's downfall. Try to use it at a campsite and it will usually sink into the ground as the legs are only about half an inch in diameter.

Taking a sheet of plywood on a cycle tour is a little difficult!

Someone suggested the lids from Pringle tubs so must try that.

I would reckon pringle tube lids on their own would be too flexible given they're made of plastic. Maybe if you cut four squares of ply, say 4 inch by 4 inch, and pop one under each leg...

postman

Legendary Member
Oh dear,people close to me are saying have you thought of packing in cycling.Oh my word,the thought of hanging up my shorts is frightening.The joy of country roads on a weekday morning keeps me sane.Two faves Otley so close,but for the journey the roads the scenery it has to be Embsay the very small place and it's railway.It is lovely round there.Oh what to do,but as yet i am not ready to cycle anyway.

Had a lovely luncheon of two slices of wholemeal toast, one with liver pate, the other I cut in half and had one half with the last of the Kidderton Ash cheese, and the other half with some sliced avocado. I also had a pear, a banana and two :cuppa:

And I think that the book & camping chair in the garden has won the battle of "what shall I do this afternoon"

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Afternoon cuppa is ready for drinking

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Hot day so shorts on for first time this year after library visit and a short walk.
Sat in the garden for a while and then pulled some weeds in a front border.

Not surprised that some people dislike cyclists. Standing talking outside the scout hall where there is an s bend and narrow road. Bloke on an ebike came sound a blind corner fast with no hands on the bars but looking at a mobile phone and scattering some pedestrians. Age about the mid 20's at a guess and clearly did not care about safety. Not local as nobody knew him.

Glasgow Royal Infirmary have cancelled my June appointment after I have got ferry bookings with some difficulty and paid for tickets as well as having accommodation and transport booked. That is the 3rd cancellation but only one was by me as I had no means of getting there. It seems I do not qualify for Patient Transport either.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Had a lovely afternoon sat in the garden and reading.

Now it's time to finish my :cuppa: and put on some presentable clothes before heading off to go and do a spot of yellow stickering.

With luck, I'll miss most of the singing part of the Eurovision Song Contest, and get down to the fun part that's the voting.
I had no intention of watching it but it's getting tempting for me. The news suggested that the EBU were on the verge of losing control of things.

tom73

Guru
Not a day we had planed Mrs 73 woke with a bad head so the day by the sea is on hold. Hopefully tomorrow if all go's to plan.
When Mrs 73 got up i was about to make a cuppa as I'd made a flask of milky coffee so thought i'd have that.
Only to find it was stone cold , so I warmed it in the microwave, not long had it gone cold it had curdled.
i'd warmed the flask and the milk was boiling so the flask is not working. I've a idea it's the stopper thermos are clever they change them and discontinue the old ones. I'd not mind but its not that old. Most of my others are not 100% either so i've ordered a new one from Stanley. They finally have made a slimmer smaller one.

With the day all to cock I've been at loose end other than calling into town and taking Charlie out. Not much else has been achieved as i'd plan not to be at home. Once the sun had moved around I've spent late afternoon in garden having another go at weeding the top half of the long boarder. It's still like a bog and heavy going the green bin now weighs a ton with all the soil still on the weeds.
It's going to need a rethink i dont want to dig the whole thing up and start again with more suitable plants. Working with it as it's now looking staying like that with the weather changing as it is. Or trying to sort it out as it it is.

Top Bottom