Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Forecast is for rain showers but it looks more like another sunny day.
Nothing planned but probably go for a walk.
I would prefer to trike but the Kett. has gear change problems which I cannot fix so it is in the car waiting to go to the mainland on Tuesday. Too much hassle to get the ICE trike out from my top shed and then back in again up 2 flights of steps. In addition since I live at the top of a steep hill it is a bit hard getting back after a run with no eassist for the hill.
Shorts on again I think to keep my legs a bit tanned. Yesterday I saw some terrible sights of legs which looked bleached. :ohmy:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a bright, sunny & warm yet again Suffolk - I could get used to this.
I'm taking a bit of advice from the BBC 6Music programming for the day and having a very slow Sunday - a lie in, a mug of coffee and just listening to the radio is all I've achieved in the 2 hours of being awake so far. There may well be a bike ride taken a little later in the day, but other than that there's nothing planned.
Yesterday I saw some terrible sights of legs which looked bleached.
Most of which may well be bright red today :laugh:

tom73

Guru
image.jpg

Well it’s the law after all

Mike_P

Guru
Pretty chilly early in but the sun now out. Near enough 29 miles on the road bike yesterday afternoon.
https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/7197062/
Third day of washing hung out and variable afternoon forecast of sun or thunderstorms, which probably depend on whether a bike is used or not.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Got out for a walk for some fresh air. Rain threatening but nothing serious yet. Found some nasturtium seeds which I I hope do germinate. I bought them last year so fingers crossed that the producers have not worked in a sly timing gene which means I need to buy more. The seed I kept from last year's crop have not germinated either.

Calmac in trouble again as the boat supposed to be back has been delayed again.
Next weekend is the rugby 7's which is a big event and brings teams and supporters from far and wide but there are fears it may be damaged by lack of ferry space. Meantime Calmac are running a parallel service to the Outer Isles which seems to be running fairly empty while we cannot get on or off the island due to lack of space.
I am due off next Tuesday but nothing is certain and the alternative is 80 miles each way. Already had one alteration to times which actually does suit me but a worry that I will not get home the same day. Never leave the island now without an overnight bag ,sleeping bag and a weeks supply of medication as a minimum.

Top Bottom