Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Bike has been ridden - a little under 3 hours in the sunshine on one of those made up on the go routes. As a treat when I got home I had the last of the Lidl own brand Magnum look alike ice creams out of the freezer followed by a mug of coffee while sat outside.

This evening will be spent sorting out and putting away the various deliveries from the spending spree which I just dumped in the spare room as they arrived/got picked up due to the quantity and lack of time until now. At some point over the next few days/weeks it means I've got various bike fettling to do, poles to put up and curtains to fit.

Are there any victims left?
Assumed the population was so denuded it had reached levels only approached by Bergerac.

The guide began to sound like one of the characters from the way he was saying about which building was used in several different programmes.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've had a reasonably busy weekend with DIY and stuff and I pulled my MkI Golf pickup out to daylight to clean it and think what I really want to do with it. I haven't started it in ages and was impressed it started easily as old Golf diesels can be reluctant at times, especially at high mileage.

More concerning was the very pronounced knock. I think there is big end trouble afoot. :sad: I suppose I can't complain as there's about 400,000 miles on it. More investigation will be required but I suspect an engine rebuild will be on the cards before I ever get it back on the road. Or replace it with a GTI engine!

What amazes me is the precision and confidence I can drive it at close quarters as I could reverse it back into it's rather awkward parking spot without lifting off the throttle with one hand on the wheel. My 205 is the same. I couldn't reverse my Yaris like that. I'd probably hit something. You can't see it's extremities and power steering takes away judgement of the steering.

Had a nice half century ride this afternoon, I would probably have gone further but was trying to race a thunderstorm home (made it, just about).

Now for my Sunday evening music but a different lead singer is filling in tonight and I don't think much of her to be honest.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
That's the end of the day's activities with the recycling bin having been moved to the front of the house ready for emptying on Monday.
The rest of today will be spent in the company of John Hindhaugh & Jeremy Shaw followed by Martin Haven, Graham Goodwin and Anthony Davidson while I watch the IMSA coverage followed by yesterday's WEC Spa race.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It would be the perfect evening for a couple of beers in a pub garden somewhere. Unfortunately, I've got a few more days of antibiotics to go, and I didn't trust myself to go out and stick to lime and soda....

Mother's Day, or spiritual?

the day before. an actual humanoid, which I spoke to. she handed me a flower, which she had just pulled from my Mother's property. she said she was visiting her daughter, who lived down the street & took a walk, stopping at my Mother's house, to admire the plantings. then she helped herself to one, as I approached from my walk back from the gas station, where I was getting Mother's car serviced

tom73

Guru
A sunny Sunday Scarborough sounds like a lovely place to be. Perhaps it's time for me to pay it another visit. It's been years.

You should always something to do and see, Peasholm Park is a worth a visit on it's own.
Make a short break of it stay in Pickering you've got a direct bus to Scarborough and Whitby. Bus to Malton for food and drink or get off on route for a day out at Edam Camp. Could even have a few gentle hours in Helmsley or take the Cleveland Way for a nice steady walk to one of my favourite placers Rievaulx Abbey. Can do it in day and have time for nice pint back at Helmsley before the bus back.

Top Bottom