Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
The forecast says heavy rain and while it is not raining just now it looks ominous.
Car is waiting to get collected by the garage to check the brakes which probably suffer from distorted discs. Up early to put the keys out for the mechanic to collect on his way to work.
I could put them in the unlocked car safely normally but in holiday season all sorts of strange people are around and some think they have arrived in thieves paradise as so much is lying about unlocked.
Hope to get the car back by lunchtime but if not raining may go for a walk in the morning.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I had to replace a watch battery so unscrewed the back with a very useful little tool with replaceable bits.
Job done and attempt to put the bits back into the storage holder.
They all came out but they will not all go back in.
One is left and just does not fit back.
Aaargh.
2E01390F-F450-4E18-8BE0-CC108C417F71.jpeg

postman

Legendary Member
well a night of rain which was good,as we had spread weed and feed on the lawn.The smell of that was lovely a seaweed type smell.so now it's all watered in.we have a bit of sun so i might so sit outside with a brew.Only one job today,hoover the carpets.I had a good cleaning day Saturday.i might go for a walk down to Meanwood,to watch the roadworks ,which nobody wants,they were not needed and they will cause more harm than good.All we seem to be getting is wider pavements and a few yards of cycle lane.a no right turn has been introduced and there is hell on.September is due finishing time,word on the street it could be later much later.

well a night of rain which was good,as we had spread weed and feed on the lawn.The smell of that was lovely a seaweed type smell.so now it's all watered in.we have a bit of sun so i might so sit outside with a brew.Only one job today,hoover the carpets.I had a good cleaning day Saturday.i might go for a walk down to Meanwood,to watch the roadworks ,which nobody wants,they were not needed and they will cause more harm than good.All we seem to be getting is wider pavements and a few yards of cycle lane.a no right turn has been introduced and there is hell on.September is due finishing time,word on the street it could be later much later.

It's strange how these traffic calming measures make people more irritable and irate! :angry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from sunny and warm Suffolk, although there's a bit more of a breeze compared to yesterday. Coffee has been drunk, bin has been emptied and breakfast had. I now need to nip out and get some more milk as breakfast used up the last of the bottle and I might as well get some more coffee while I'm out as there's less than half a pack left.

tom73

Guru
Sunny day but a bit of a nip in the air. today looks like a a bit of catch up day. 1st load of washing is out on the line the 2rd lot is well on the to being ready for the line too. Not quite full loads but thought get in done well I can. Stuff from yesterday needs to go away that's next job along with making the bed. The bottom sheet is all over the place some how Mrs 73 pull the lot out when asleep last night.
Better put the Dyson on charge and way upstairs.

Top Bottom