Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I should have said that Bob and Kizzy are domestic short hair cats.

I thought that was the name for a moggy type cat?

No, it's not. A moggy is referred to as a domestic shorthair or a domestic longhair, or more specifically, a non-pedigree.

A British Shorthair is quite different in looks to what we've come to know as the common garden mog. Although they do come from a moggy background, a couple of centuries of selective breeding gives the Brit quite a distinctive shape and coat type.

https://www.gccfcats.org/getting-a-cat/choosing/cat-breeds/british/

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Showery day just when I wanted it dry to get my defunct trike under cover at my son's house. Fortunately it stopped while I was there so that turned out ok.
Dashing about day but interesting as it got me out into the real world and got some shopping done as well.
The Calmac check in and car marshalling staff never ask my name as they all seem to know me by now.
Traffic in Oban pretty busy but I know a back route to and from the ferry terminal which I use so that saves a bit of hassle.

Journey from Craignure home was pretty horrendous tho'. The worst I have ever experienced I think due to volume of traffic and a couple of incompetent ninnies in front who I could not overtake as they would not give way and the last 10 miles was mostly not above 3rd gear.
A desperate VW van got behind me so I let him past and he terrified the pair in front to let him past but since I did not do the headlights, horn and threatening their back bumpers they just ignored me.
A small Toyota and a large new Volvo
This is only May so I shudder to think what it will be like later in the summer.

tom73

Guru
So we've been to the body repair man about the car. He had a good look and talked things though and it's as I thought. He's advised use to bite the bullet and get it wrote off. The impact on the front wheel is the big problem and what it's done behind. He a really nice bloke been doing it for years so seen a lot and knows his stuff. Having driven it lucky it's a short drive, the suspension is damaged and it is verging a bit to the left when driving. Which I was able to keep under control.
The insurance company have been good they'ed already said it's not economical and they'd write it off after costing part of it up.
They've arranged for an engineer to call on Monday to go though the damage and come up with a settlement amount.
If we bought it back and got it done no telling what they find and playing on mind is it really all safe and sound.
Then the higher insurance and issues with selling if we did at some point.

Gwylan

Veteran

Reports written, as my clients have to read them before they get sent to the Jobcentre I said they were welcome to correct the German, so now I can be fairly sure it's grammatically correct.

Never seek advice on grammar from a German. They are with the exception of pedants total crap at it. And it's only getting worse with changes in the internet and messaging.
My keyboard has suddenly changed to qwertz, so nearly quatsch
The endless debates about whether I am over but not on the bridge but stationary or physically in motion over the bridge or stopped at some point on the surface of the bridge has beaten me already. Only relevant in court or insurance forms

My boss was German and a pedant I respected. He was the authority, but he left and gave me the keys.
Nobody at Corporate in Boston realised that giving me the job so messed things up.
Always went to a tie breaker when I left for the airport and awaited the result without daring ask how they got there.

Corporate suits kept parking their cars in Einbahnstraße and complaining they could not find it

Gwylan

Veteran
Showery day just when I wanted it dry to get my defunct trike under cover at my son's house. Fortunately it stopped while I was there so that turned out ok.
Dashing about day but interesting as it got me out into the real world and got some shopping done as well.
The Calmac check in and car marshalling staff never ask my name as they all seem to know me by now.
Traffic in Oban pretty busy but I know a back route to and from the ferry terminal which I use so that saves a bit of hassle.

Journey from Craignure home was pretty horrendous tho'. The worst I have ever experienced I think due to volume of traffic and a couple of incompetent ninnies in front who I could not overtake as they would not give way and the last 10 miles was mostly not above 3rd gear.
A desperate VW van got behind me so I let him past and he terrified the pair in front to let him past but since I did not do the headlights, horn and threatening their back bumpers they just ignored me.
A small Toyota and a large new Volvo
This is only May so I shudder to think what it will be like later in the summer.

There is no shortage of tossers about. It's the grey pound.
God help their children when it all goes off

tyred

Legendary Member
The forecasted rain never came this evening although it still looks threatening.

I gave my Raleigh Pioneer a bit of a clean and serviced. I tightened the headset, cleaned and oiled the chain, washed the rims and replaced the brake blocks which were nearly at the wear line. My big bag of cantilever brake blocks I picked up somewhere years ago is almost finished so I'll have to re-stock when a suitable bargain presents itself on eBay. Brakes now much better.

Top Bottom