Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa went down well

It's a humid and currently dry day here chez Casa Reynard after plenty of rain overnight and early doors.

Slept ok-ish. Have spent the morning working on some writing and sorting out some paperwork. According to the forecast, it looks like it'll be dry this afternoon, and so I will probably pot on the tomato and strawberry plants I bought last week.

The kitten I was offered is now on the CP website, and looking at her photo I think I made the right decision in saying no. She doesn't grab me visually, and frankly, she looks a little bit terrified. There is another cat on their website that is a *much* closer fit to what I'm looking for, so I'm actually rather surprised that I wasn't offered this one instead. I get the sense that the people at CP are either a) not listening to me at all or b) think that they know far better than me about what it is I want.

I may arrange to go and meet this girl, though it's a bit up in the air at the moment. Because I'm currently waiting to hear back from the friend who is fostering a cat that I'm interested in for a breed rescue as to whether the issue with this girl's eyes (corneal ulcers) is fixable or whether it's chronic and has led to other non-fixable problems. This cat was surrendered to a breed rescue by an elderly owner who was too unwell to look after her properly, and so she is in a bit of a state of neglect. It's one of those sad situations that you can't pass judgement on.

Anyways, it is time for luncheon, and a certain furry madam will be wanting her chicken...

stood out in the rain to water our lawn this morning. Wifey was beside herself, as-in WTF? :stop:

Good morning from a grey & wet Suffolk as it looks like the rain has continued overnight. Coffee has been had.
Family meal at a localish pub (which has a crazy golf course in the garden!) later on to celebrate my stepfather's birthday which means the cost will be split between myself & my sister and, as I'm the driver for the oldies, I can't have a drink to take the pain on my wallet away :laugh:
If I get my act together and remember to move things like car key, wallet, etc out of the kitchen, I should be able to mop the floor before going and let it dry while out at the meal.

sounds like a plan
1715780608131.png

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Oh yes, so it does! AltGr+4 will give you € if you're using an UK keyboard and won't take you to the 4th tab. I use the US International one because it's easy to ácksëss àcçèntz.

I know it does nothing because I tried it just before posting. Remember, you are not using MY keyboard, which is probably older than the Euro :smile:

PS. it was Ctrl+ that took me to another browser tab.

Top Bottom