Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like smoked bluefish pate, on crackers w/ cocktails. wonder if that's similar

No idea...

But in this case, it's a reference to the British sci-fi sitcom "Red Dwarf" :blush:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
UK to hit 30C temperatures with Yorkshire to be England’s hottest area

Yorkshire is set to be one of the hottest places in England next week, with temperatures forecast to reach a sizzling 23C across the county.

It comes as a plume of warm weather from the Sahara is set to hit the UK, with experts predicting that a new hottest day of the year will be recorded before the end of May.

According to weather maps and charts from WX Charts , temperatures will reach 23C in parts of the country on Thursday, May 23, including the Midlands, North East and Yorkshire. Meanwhile in London, temperatures will reach highs of around 22C.

Looks like our hottest was 80.4F on 10/5, that's 26.9 in the foreign measure.

tyred

Legendary Member
I know it does nothing because I tried it just before posting. Remember, you are not using MY keyboard, which is probably older than the Euro :smile:

PS. it was Ctrl+ that took me to another browser tab.

I don't think it's anything to do with the keyboard itself. When the Euro was introduced, you downloaded or upgraded something to make the Euro symbol work. I can't remember the details now as it was so long ago but I would have thought any computer made since then would have it already done.

Maybe you have your keyboard set to American standard or something.

tyred

Legendary Member
My laptop puter says it was sold with Windows 7 installed. How long ago is that? :scratch:

When I finished in my previous job in May 2016, I still had a computer with Windows 95 sitting on my desk. I used it to connect and program/fault find old telecoms systems from the 1990s (a few customers still had such things) over an analogue modem. We were never able to get the software required to work on XP for some reason so we kept the old computer alive.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Gardening has been gardened with varying degrees of success..
1: Weeds weeded.
2: 2 x Cordyline australis taken out of pots & planted in the garden.
3: Several large ant nests disturbed.
4: Several ant bite/stings/nips received on various parts of my body.
5: Favourite trowel was lost.
6: Favourite trowel was found lurking in a bag of compost.
7: Petunias have been planted in the hanging baskets.
8: Carrots & spinach seeds have been sown.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Today in the garden I have been clearing and weeding a "new" area of my garden. There was a very large Broom (Cystus Praecox Allgold) but it got far too big and very woody at the base.

It is one of those plants that you cannot renovate by cutting back to ground level. So instead of a large green plant that only flowers for two weeks, I will be able to plant a few more colourful (foliage wise) in that area.

Top Bottom