Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Where else does one keep their socks?

Or am I the only one here who dedicates a drawer in her chest of drawers to socks?!?!?! :wacko:
I have a sock drawer :okay:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
We've had a meeting already but as it's a complete change it is hard to know exactly what the role will entail.

Anyway my application is in and we'll have to wait and see now, they want 5 per shift so it's a big investment.

See if you can get assurances of what will happen to you if they change their mind on this new set up. Will you be able to return to your current position?

TVC

We've had a meeting already but as it's a complete change it is hard to know exactly what the role will entail.

Anyway my application is in and we'll have to wait and see now, they want 5 per shift so it's a big investment.
As Saltydog said, voice your uncertainties and ask to take this on for a probationary period until both sides are happy it is working. A decent company will let you step back into your current roll with no loss of face if you decide it is not for you.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
@potsy - Do they tell you how many of your past trainees stayed on in the company?

Bearing in mind that, for instance, if you have trained say twenty people, then I would guess that two left because they did not like the job, or decided to work elsewhere. Another two, again a guess, were not up to the doing the work, according to management, (nothing to do with your training). I am thinking of the bloke who wouldn't stop talking and had a problem with concentration.

What I am trying to say is that if something like 75% of your trainees stay on, it gives you an idea of how good you are at training people. You still have to enjoy the work. You say they want five trainers per shift, so would you be doing it every shift?

As other have said, is there a probationary period on this?

postman

Legendary Member
maxresdefault.jpg

If you leave Liverpool under cover of darkness you should arrive undetected by dawn,(she is not the brightest coast guard).

potsy

Rambler
@potsy - Do they tell you how many of your past trainees stayed on in the company?

Bearing in mind that, for instance, if you have trained say twenty people, then I would guess that two left because they did not like the job, or decided to work elsewhere. Another two, again a guess, were not up to the doing the work, according to management, (nothing to do with your training). I am thinking of the bloke who wouldn't stop talking and had a problem with concentration.

What I am trying to say is that if something like 75% of your trainees stay on, it gives you an idea of how good you are at training people. You still have to enjoy the work. You say they want five trainers per shift, so would you be doing it every shift?

As other have said, is there a probationary period on this?
I have a 75% success rate, the other 25% was let go a few months back.

The probation period is already in place for the ones that get the jobs, 3 months.

Top Bottom