Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cream crackered.

But that's all the errands done, a neighbour from further down the road entertained (comes round to collect for Christian Aid), lamb neck and an insane amount of garlic thrown in the crock pot, and root veg & tatties parboiled ready for roasting.

But I made some serious YS killings in the dry /damaged goods bins in Tesco this morning; chilli sauce, ketchup, cans of mixed beans, tampax, peanut butter, cans of sweetcorn... Every item cost between 20p and 46p.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 5244975, member: 21629"]I feel like I've spent all last night inside a meat grinder participating as a piece of meat.

In human language I feel terrible.[/QUOTE]
Why whassupp?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 5245007, member: 21629"]If only I would know. Maybe it's my usual "May sickness" as I normally get really sick twice a year - December and May.[/QUOTE]
Maybug for sure....

Wabbit wotching ! They reckon there has been more than 60 percent decline in their numbers and they want people to look out for them .

Come to think of it ! I haven't seen that many fluffy bunny wunnies about.
They are all here... eating my plants and running amok on the roads. I saw the tiniest baby rabbit a couple of hours ago.:smile:

It was a lovely day with bright blue skies and blue sea.
IMGP7469.JPG
IMGP7476.JPG

Supper was lush, btw... :hungry:

Lamb neck (on the bone) braised with mint and garlic, and a large tray of roast goodies (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, swede, onions seasoned with ras-el-hanout). Finished the meat off in the oven over the veggies, and turned the cooking juices into a fabby gravy by reducing down and thickening.

Am royally stuffed. There's a slice of choccy cake in the kitchen, but I wouldn't know where to put it LOL.

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Our Reception class are learning about life cycles atm. Today I had to get a chick out of the cage for a child to hold and talk about with them, take a photo of the child holding it, put the chick back, wipe up any bits of poo or food from their feet, write down what the child said, ensure the child washed their hands properly....And I had to do this for every child in the class! There are 8 chicks, all different, which hatched 6 days ago and they're all in various stages of fluffy cuteness.
This afternoon we released some butterflies, which had emerged from their chrysalis. We put them on some lavendar in the school garden.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Our Reception class are learning about life cycles atm. Today I had to get a chick out of the cage for a child to hold and talk about with them, take a photo of the child holding it, put the chick back, wipe up any bits of poo or food from their feet, write down what the child said, ensure the child washed their hands properly....And I had to do this for every child in the class! There are 8 chicks, all different, which hatched 6 days ago and they're all in various stages of fluffy cuteness.
This afternoon we released some butterflies, which had emerged from their chrysalis. We put them on some lavendar in the school garden.
Reminds me of when our grade school janitor (also my cousin Siegfried) used to hatch eggs next to the ginormous boiler in the basement of the grade school, although there were no photos, recording of what children said,cleaning of said chickens,or probably, washing up.

Hope those chicks will be going to good homes afterwards hun xxx

Loads of orange tip butterflies in the garden today. Also saw a brimstone and one of those diddy blue ones.

Top Bottom