Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
After a lifetime of bird spotting i saw all these birds of prey today...a puffin, a ptarmigan and a peregrine pidgeon.

You’ve no egrets then?

Our Reception class are learning about life cycles atm. Today I had to get a chick out of the cage for a child to hold and talk about with them, take a photo of the child holding it, put the chick back, wipe up any bits of poo or food from their feet, write down what the child said, ensure the child washed their hands properly....And I had to do this for every child in the class! There are 8 chicks, all different, which hatched 6 days ago and they're all in various stages of fluffy cuteness.
This afternoon we released some butterflies, which had emerged from their chrysalis. We put them on some lavendar in the school garden.

When I was at primary school we hatched chicks. And ducklings, goslings, and baby pheasants! It's the best part of 40 years ago, but I still remember the drama of watching bedraggled little chicks emerging from their shells - and that of a visiting lamb from Davison's farm down the road (probably a year or two before the school acquired its own orphan lamb to bottle feed) pooing in assembly :smile:

Sod baselines and phonics checks, that's the kind of stuff that primary learning is made of.

With the girls around, one learns to develop a strong stomach. Dead or half eaten gifts I'm well used to. Even the postie has gotten used to minuetting around random bits of mouse. It're the rancid bits regurgitated in my bed that I kind of object to...
I'm used to it but stringy bits of rabbit and grey slimy bits in large quantities always get me xx(

Fabbers been cooking again?

Do you mean Bad Foodie ? :whistle:

Top Bottom