Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
......and you let something as well armed and malevolent as that into your house? What are you thinking?

Actually, it's double trouble here... :laugh:

IMG_4018_small.jpg

OP
OP
Katherine

Katherine

Guru
Hope those chicks will be going to good homes afterwards hun xxx

Generally the males will. Females usually go back to the farm of origin. That's the theory, anyway. In practice, it's not as clear cut despite what the blurb says with these schemes according to friends involved with animal rescue.

I'll find out and report back. We have to look after them for another week.

Today I discovered how blue tits prevent their chicks from filling their nest with poo. It was grimly fascinating to observe, but seeing as how this is a family friendly forum, I'm not at liberty to elaborate. I do apologise.

Edit: BTW, it doesn't involve one of these....:hungry:

What, you're not going to manifest your inner Chris Packham? :laugh:

Baby birds deposit a "poo parcel" which the parents take outside and then it's "chocks away" :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
What, you're not going to manifest your inner Chris Packham? :laugh:

Baby birds deposit a "poo parcel" which the parents take outside and then it's "chocks away" :biggrin:
Oh, all right. I'll come clean. The chicks stick their bums in the air and exude a toothpaste-like bead , which Mum picks up in her beak straight off the bum. She then goes out of the nest. Lord knows what happens to the stuff.

Oh, all right. I'll come clean. The chicks stick their bums in the air and exude a toothpaste-like bead , which Mum picks up in her beak straight off the bum. She then goes out of the nest. Lord knows what happens to the stuff.
She drops it as far away from the nest as she can. Stops predators from knowing there are chicks ...

Top Bottom