Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeG

Guru
On the news they said that 50% of people are now listening to digital radio. Does that mean that people are listening to digital in one ear whilst listening to FM in the other ? :wacko:

Well, if they did that they'd hear the FM a second or two ahead of the digital one. Yeah, the wonderful world of digital is behind, literally, good old fashioned FM, LW and MW. Remember when your TV used to turn on instantly with one push of one button? I have to use 2 different remotes, and remember a sequence of 11 button pushes in a process which takes over 30 seconds. Progress........ain't it wonderful? (Oh, and then, as predicted by Pink Floyd, I've got 13 channels of shoot on the TV to choose from)

Well, if they did that they'd hear the FM a second or two ahead of the digital one. Yeah, the wonderful world of digital is behind, literally, good old fashioned FM, LW and MW. Remember when your TV used to turn on instantly with one push of one button? I have to use 2 different remotes, and remember a sequence of 11 button pushes in a process which takes over 30 seconds. Progress........ain't it wonderful? (Oh, and then, as predicted by Pink Floyd, I've got 13 channels of shoot on the TV to choose from)

And still they haven't managed to replicate that tiny little white dot that used to remain in the centre of the screen once you switched it off .

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Having a surprisingly pleasant morning - It's pretty cold out and NO ONE HAS MENTIONED IT YET...It's a miracle!

If you all didn't know, I work on reception at a leisure centre from 6:15-2:15 and constantly throughout the day get weather reports from customers. I REALLY DON'T CARE...I can see the weather outside....BREAK THE MOULD....DON'T BE BRITISH....talk to me about something else please.....

when-youre-at-work-and-an-annoying-customer-shows-up-29842123.png

I’m off to Montana in August for a month fly fishing with an ex-RAF mate of mine.

We were chatting on the phone last night when he mentioned that we ought to get together for a few beers and discuss arrangements for the trip. We have previously visited Montana for some fishing 5 years ago for my 50th, so it shouldn’t require too much planning.

I said I’d pop over on the bike on Friday for a ‘foo bears’ as they say up his way (he lives in Swanton Morley, Norfolk) and then come back on Saturday.

There was a stunned pause as this is a 160 mile round trip. :smile:

I’ve just checked the weather forecast and, amazingly, the weather is going to be perfect for the ride.

I just need to fit the rack to the CAADX today and wire a new rear dynamo light onto the back of the rack. I probably won’t need lights but PPPPPP.

I’m really looking forward to the ride. I should do this kind of thing more often now as I’m now semi-retired and only work Monday-Wednesday.

:bicycle:

Graham

Last edited:

Salar

A fish out of water
I'm jealous @Tenacious Sloth

A few years ago a few of us were supposed to go to the Panhandle, staying with a fishing friend who spent 50% of his time in the UK.

Anyway as expected a couple pulled out, I still wanted to go but the costs were too high when compared to a multiple booking.

I looked at going again last year,SWMBO has given the green light so I'll put it on the bucket list.

Another trip I've also fancied is a session after Steelheads.

Salar

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
(Oh, and then, as predicted by Pink Floyd, I've got 13 channels of shoot on the TV to choose from)
You'll be developing wide staring eyes, next.

Top Bottom