Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was just listening to a bit on the breakfast TV just now talking about trying to to reintroduce oyster beds. The clever peep said that we have lost 85% of our oyster beds in the past decade! I was wondering ! If they are filter feeders and their shells are made up of mainly calcium carbonate then they must be taking CO2 out of the atmosphere?

postman

Legendary Member
Crikey i though Saturdays were a rest day.After letting the paint dry overnight,it was time to see if it was ok .Yes it is good so time to clean up.Windows needed cleaning,masking tape needed peeling off,brushes washing,dustsheets folding and put away.Then it was time to put things back up.i only dropped the blinds what a mess it looked like a pile of spaghetti,i had to take off the chain at the bottom and put the vertical blinds back up one by one,then rejoin the chain at the bottom,i learn fast i did not drop the second one,then it was floor cleaning,putting a few bits back i ,then hoover the rug in the room clean the kitchen and finally do a bit of ironing,it is 15-30 i have not had any lunch but i have eaten a 200g Aldi dark chocolate bar.i am totally fed up with diy and housework,i am now going for a soak in the bath and doing naff all else until i make tea.that is warming through some chilli con carni defrosted from the fridge.Oh the joys od being a diy god.

postman

Legendary Member
Then Windsor for lunch

You never did,well i never did you just go to the disco reception or did you bag the wedding as well.Nice one.Was it a good spread.

classic33

Leg End Member
Crikey i though Saturdays were a rest day. After letting the paint dry overnight, it was time to see if it was ok. Yes it is good so time to clean up. Windows needed cleaning,masking tape needed peeling off, brushes washing,dustsheets folding and put away. Then it was time to put things back up. i only dropped the blinds what a mess it looked like a pile of spaghetti, i had to take off the chain at the bottom and put the vertical blinds back up one by one,then rejoin the chain at the bottom, i learn fast i did not drop the second one,then it was floor cleaning, putting a few bits back i, then hoover the rug in the room clean the kitchen and finally do a bit of ironing, it is 15-30 i have not had any lunch but i have eaten a 200g Aldi dark chocolate bar. i am totally fed up with diy and housework, i am now going for a soak in the bath and doing naff all else until i make tea. that is warming through some chilli con carni defrosted from the fridge. Oh the joys od being a diy god.
That'll be Sundays.

Top Bottom