Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Windy here again.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
This afternoon I have been making alterations to some clothes. I have a soft jumper that is good for layering under a blouse, but the neckline is uncomfortably high. Some time ago I saw a video about how to "deepen" the neckline. It showed that the ribbing at the edge of the neckline will stretch if necessary.

So I carefully unpicked it (in daylight) reshaped the neckline, and reattached the ribbing. Yes it was fiddley, as the ribbing was so narrow. I have temporarily sewn it back up with a contrasting thread, so that if it is not quite right, it will be easier to unpick and alter for a second time.

Next is a blouse in a lovely colour, but the collar is too high and too stiff. I have my Russian ancestors to thank for my short neck. So I have cut off the collar. I tried unpicking it, but the stitches are so tiny, that it would take ages, and was hurting my eyes. I have found some fabric in a small pattern, that complements the colour. I am trying to decide whether to have just the collar in the "new" fabric, or down the button placket. :scratch:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Today I have also covered all my baby plantlets with two layers of garden fleece. I have ordered a mini-greenhouse, which should arrive next week.
I enjoy taking cuttings from plants and growing "new" plants.

Anyway, back to the sewing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Closed the caravan up for winter. Just a case of bringing food home, a quick clean and turning off the gas and water.

Suffering withdrawal symptoms from my pain drugs and rather dizzy. Did a quick 30 minutes on Zwift earlier. Connected up an old computer to the home network in the garage so I can stream music and Netflix. Looks like I'll be an indoor cyclist for a while.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Anyone for soup?

I've got a large pot of curried parsnip that I've just made. :hungry: (with stock made from veggies and a bacon knuckle)

About to snag a bowl of it, along with some bread and butter, before the Grand Prix starts.

Oh yes please! Is it wholegrain bread? (silly question)

My new microwave has a "puree vegetables" thingybob on its preset doofers, I wonder if this is a quick way to cook ingredients for soups.

Top Bottom