Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
My small greenhouse has arrived. Do you know anyone who is good at putting things together? :scratch: If the holes are pre-drilled I might be okay.

Thing with predrilled holes are the worst

They've usually drilled them in the wrong place, saving you the bother of cocking it up yourself

Speicher

Vice Admiral
The top and sides are already screwed together. I have about one dozen bolts with washers to put in place, those holes have been made.

The description said the wood was pressure treated. I think some of the wood needs a bit of sanding down. I thought about treating it but then the plants might be affected by any residue. So Instead, I will put it together and think about that next summer.

It looks like this when put together, but I opted to have two "windows" at the top, so that the lids are not so heavy.

s-l1600.jpg

I have a lot of wooden planks in the garage. I might learn how to do carpentry and make a second one, if needed, using that one as a prototype.

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The top and sides are already screwed together. I have about one dozen bolts with washers to put in place, those holes have been made.

The description said the wood was pressure treated. I think some of the wood needs a bit of sanding down. I thought about treating it but then the plants might be affected by any residue. So Instead, I will put it together and think about that next summer.

It looks like this when put together, but I opted to have two "windows" at the top, so that the lids are not so heavy.

View attachment 436066

I have a lot of wooden planks in the garage. I might learn how to do carpentry and make a second one, if needed, using that one as a prototype.
That is a 'Cold Frame' though.

classic33

Leg End Member
Isn’t it Friday yet...
Still only Today.

My wife's friend contacted her whilst on holiday on one of those continental river cruises that you see advertised. Apparently there is a serious drought going on at the moment which means that the large rivers aren't navigable by the large ships and barges due to the lack of depth and so they half filling them. My wife's friend had to do some of her trip by coach.

Top Bottom