Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You won't need to use the Planck constant and a Kibble balance, your current balance scales and brass weights will be ok. If you did want to change to the new system i'd wait until the price comes down. You know what is like with new tech. :okay:
Can I be certain of getting the right mix using the new system ? I have often used the international standard eggs which are safely stored in supermarkets and can only be accessed during certain times of the day.
I don't want to ruin a tried and trusted recipe just because they have switched to a new system!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Can I be certain of getting the right mix using the new system ? I have often used the international standard eggs which are safely stored in supermarkets and can only be accessed during certain times of the day.
I don't want to ruin a tried and trusted recipe just because they have switched to a new system!

To the best of my knowledge the SI for eggs has not changed, I believe that is due early in 2020 when you will then source them from your own (initially subsidised) hens.

Levo-Lon

Guru
To the best of my knowledge the SI for eggs has not changed, I believe that is due early in 2020 when you will then source them from your own (initially subsidised) hens.

Son in law has bought a hen house for his wife, they get the hens today.
Something else to feed and keep an eye on when they go off on holliday.

Bearded dragon,Axolotl,cat, hens, the guinea pigs have passed but I'm expecting a refill of the hutch.
Who'd marry a Vet!!

Lullabelle

Banana
Finished reading the Stephen King book I started yesterday :thumbsup:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Black being general waste I take it. These details should be included in any bin news dispatches to avoid anxiety in bin fans.

Apologies! Yes, the black bin is indeed for general rubbish. We have green for card and paper, and a blue box for tins and jars. Apparently, we should be getting a dedicated bin for plastics in the near future which is great news on the recycling front.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Apologies! Yes, the black bin is indeed for general rubbish. We have green for card and paper, and a blue box for tins and jars. Apparently, we should be getting a dedicated bin for plastics in the near future which is great news on the recycling front.
Heavens above....what must it be like to live in such a well ordered environment . In my bit of France the nearest we get are bins of two different colours (black or green) no one takes the slightest notice of such colour coding and the rubbish is strewn everywhere and occasionally in the bins. Of but we do have a bottle bank and most of the empties end up inside ....but not all of them . This may be because the adults probably send the children off with the bottles and they cant reach that silly little hole at the top of the bin ^_^
As a P.S. l once asked my French neighbour why the above was the case. He looked grim then laughed and said because French men are dirty. Make of that what you will.....Vive le France !

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Black bin goes out tonight due to Christmas schedule. Not that I’m really sure what day it is other than ‘The day after Boxing Day’.

Feast of St. John, apostle and evangelist.

Well, it’s the third day and I’m still waiting for a total of three partridges in pear trees, four turtle doves and three calling birds. I wonder if they’ll come with tomorrow’s delivery....

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Heavens above....what must it be like to live in such a well ordered environment . In my bit of France the nearest we get are bins of two different colours (black or green) no one takes the slightest notice of such colour coding and the rubbish is strewn everywhere and occasionally in the bins. Of but we do have a bottle bank and most of the empties end up inside ....but not all of them . This may be because the adults probably send the children off with the bottles and they cant reach that silly little hole at the top of the bin ^_^
As a P.S. l once asked my French neighbour why the above was the case. He looked grim then laughed and said because French men are dirty. Make of that what you will.....Vive le France !
Yes, just rubbish(dark brown) and recycling(dark brown, but with yellow lid) for ours. Now, if you cross a line into Bloomington,(just crossing a street in most places, border is quite interesting) then you have several bins and colors of bins.

Top Bottom