Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Are they on the furniture? If so, who is in charge in your house?
It’s either the Fragrant MrsP or Timmy the Cat or JessTwoToys or WinningTheCocckerpoo or Frankie the Jack, it most certainly ain’t me.

Slioch

Guru
Today's homemade soup is broccoli.
As we will be having friends staying tonight, it will be "poshed up" by providing a bowl of cubed stilton which can be added in greater or lesser quantities according to taste.
My stilton intake shall be trending towards the top end of the scale!

Did somebody mention cheese.............? :mrpig:

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
In further news of our switch to a new broadband provider, I have just found on the order status page that it can take up to a week to activate (the company fails to mention this when you sign up!). We’ve gone one day so far without WiFi and my wife and kids are already driving me nuts. I think they are going into withdrawal. May need to medicate soon....

I now have to decide whether to tell them it could be one whole week or just leave them in ignorance.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Not terribly mundane news....I've been to see a bike today. Not mine, the insurance company own it right now (money went in Monday), but it had one careful owner. Me. I had a phone call from the police Tuesday to say it had been found. Currently living at a Jaguar/Land Rover dealership a short distance from where she was nicked, apparently by an inept thief. Still has the reg & L-plates, no evidence of hotwiring, nothing hanging off (?!!!). Appears utterly as it was pre-theft. I've dropped them a line about buying her back.....
Current mood:

And an update…one Honda back in my hands as of yesterday. Repaid the settlement on Tuesday, keys & documentation arrived back Wednesday, retaxed yesterday morning (had to speak to a human, V5C is being reissued so online payment wouldn't work), collected it on the way to work that day. She started first time, admittedly with a bit of throttle, at first it was really hard to move (seized up after been sitting there for six weeks) and on the ride home after work at first it wouldn't go past 30. But everything soon got back to normal. I thought the thief had left it in a bit of undergrowth, just the other side from the dealership perimeter fence. Nope, they'd left it slap bang in the middle. Loads of lights & lots of CCTV cameras. Not sure how they thought it would go un-noticed!!

classic33

Leg End Member
You mentioned lemons, which brought introspection about citrus fruits.
Which SlowMotion mentioned when he gave a timespan for them to disappear on the street. No road sweepers near him by the sounds of things.

But it has to be a lemon.

Oh my goodness. You HAD to ask, didn’t you?
Don't ask you'll never find out. He asked and still won't find out. But I will say it includes the use of a candle and a match.....

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I am planning to install a new (replacement) radiator in the lounge. Once I have calculated the volume of the room, what sums do I need to work out the BTU for the radiator? I tried Goggling it, but it just listed a lot of videos. I do not think I need a video to do some sums.

Are btus for radiators in metric or English? :scratch: I can do either, but not a mix of the two. ^_^

Can any practical peeps on here refer me to where there is the written sum, for old-school peeps like moi?

I am planning to install a new (replacement) radiator in the lounge. Once I have calculated the volume of the room, what sums do I need to work out the BTU for the radiator? I tried Goggling it, but it just listed a lot of videos. I do not think I need a video to do some sums.

Are btus for radiators in metric or English? :scratch: I can do either, but not a mix of the two. ^_^

Can any practical peeps on here refer me to where there is the written sum, for old-school peeps like moi?

https://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-BTU-Per-Square-Foot

https://www.diy.com/help-advice/btu-radiator-calculator/Dev_npcart_100006.art

there you go. calculation and a calculator

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Thank you. I now know what btu I need. My very excellent handy man will be calling round next week, and wanted to know what style of radiator I wanted. In my neighbours house there is an upright "panel" radiator, ie 15 inches wide and 60 inches tall approx. I wonder if she would mind me taking a photo of her radiator.

Edited to add: I will use the first link and a pencil and paper and work it out, so that Handyman sees the calcuations, but no electronic calculator. That'll flummox him! :giggle:

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member

BTU's(British thermal unit Unit) in metric!!

Top Bottom