Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My car insurance renewal time. Current Insurer put it up from £250 to £310. Phoned up, not happy. No deal. Told them to cancel. New insurance, same terms, £200. Low risk driver, no claims in a very long time. Old car.

Son, EE contract, sim only, 16GB a month for £20. Due a change (he buys his phones now). Phone EE, tell them Virgin have deals... 100GB a month for £20. .. deal done.

My wife did the same a week before and got he 100gb. The reason for it was we also have a mifi device at our caravan and that was another £20 for just 15GB. So my wife has just saved money and got more data, my son more data for nothing, but it means we can stream TV/Music at the caravan without worrying about data as there is no wifi. AND saved money.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
How long would it take an apple(Red) that has been covered in wax and had a liberal dowsing with vinegar to rot away completly.

Would it rot quicker than a full lemon, buried at the same time?
I think that citrus fruits last considerably longer than others. Their skins are pretty hardy, and the acid inside would tend to preserve them better than apples, plums etc.

^^^^This, of course, could be utter rot.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I dimly remember reading that orange peels take two of three years to disappear from the roadside. Maybe apple cores are more attractive to the local wildlife.

Top Bottom