Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
First the marzipan addiction, then the "olde worlde" style table.

Queen Elizabeth I had a marzipan addiction, and she ate at similar tables.

Has @MikeG been here before?

@MikeG has always been here.

postman

Legendary Member
Just letting you know,i have now got all eight weights on the bar,this healthier me is going great.
the-hulk.jpg
Not sure about the spinach drink i might be downing a few too many.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Busy morning doing stuff that needed doing. Some vegetables might have gotten bashed and shredded in the process.

Lunch has been consumed. Curried parsnip soup, a slice of rye toast with hummus, a slice of rye toast with half a small avocado, a conference pear, some cherries and two :cuppa:

I am now off into the garden to carry on clearing up the mess that the power network people have left behind.
Big Bonfire :hyper:

Big Bonfire :hyper:

Not. It's all green wood, mainly hazel and elder, along with some field maple and cherry. That thanks to the rain is now also sopping wet.

I'm busy removing all the useable wood (anything > 2 inches that isn't elder) and then I'll see where I'm at. The power company people were supposed to chip this stuff and cart it away.

P.S. I can't have bonfires here - the soil is heavy on the peat and *will* catch fire.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Not. It's all green wood, mainly hazel and elder, along with some field maple and cherry. That thanks to the rain is now also sopping wet.

I'm busy removing all the useable wood (anything > 2 inches that isn't elder) and then I'll see where I'm at. The power company people were supposed to chip this stuff and cart it away.

P.S. I can't have bonfires here - the soil is heavy on the peat and *will* catch fire.
:sad:

It's one of those things.

However, I can probably ship some of the hazel to a friend who has sheep, as they like to browse on that sort of stuff.

classic33

Leg End Member
Well, I know that you've said it was so. Without references, citations, whatever, I'm just taking your word for it.
"The first Europeans to indulge in marzipan were kings and rich people. It has been reported that Queen Elizabeth I of England, who lived from 1533 to 1603, was addicted to all things sweet. The saying ‘regal enjoyment’ was created."

https://niederegger.wordpress.com/history-of-marzipan/

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Waiting for my new broadband provider to activate the connection. It’s been off since 8:20 AM. I’m not bothered, but it seems my wife cannot live without the internet, “Is it on yet?!”

Just use your phone... :wacko:
The broadband has not yet been activated. The kids are complaining too now. However did we live before the 1990s?

Top Bottom