Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Teenagers...

I had a medical appointment at 10:15, so wasn't out to work at 6.30am. Let my son know at 8am (after alarm went off) to get up for college - 'Yeh yeh yeh" - gentle reminders until I left at 9.30am (don't know from day to day when he is due in).

Wife gets phone call from tutor at 10, "3rd week on the run he's not been in". Tried to phone, house/mobile - no answer. Texted no answer - doesn't reply to texts or answer phone even when it's with him 24/7- just no point.

Checked CCTV and noticed he'd grabbed his bike to get to college (wait's for it..)

10:15 - phone call "I've thrown up 4 times" (it's hilly where we live). Me, 'What do you expect me to do, get yourself home and get the bus or carry on to college (he's tried to ride too fast).' I've lost my bus pass. !!! Me, why didn't you tell me before (I've now re-ordered a 'smart card', but his existing one has been cancelled, so he's stuffed if he does find it until a new one arrives). He does have plenty of 'money'.

Bloody idiot ! 18 going on 8

He has no idea how to pace himself up hills,nor has he ever ridden to college, and he'd shot out without eating (Type 1 diabetic) so even more stupid...

Tidied up all the firewood in the garage this morning. Instead of it all being in a heap on the floor, it's now all in crates (and in the wheelbarrow), so I can now actually get the mower out. I'll need to do the lawn around the house after the weekend, because if I don't, it'll be out of control...

This afternoon's set out for a bike ride. It's warm, it's sunny, there's not much in the way of a breeze. Just the ticket.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
So much for Kent supposedly getting the nicest weather! Its cloudy, cold and breezy! Suppose to be riding but just want to go home and sleep! I swum last night and always feel like I have been hit by a bus the next day!

Wall to wall sun in Manchester. Going to finish slightly early to get out on the MTB.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Wall to wall sun in Manchester. Going to finish slightly early to get out on the MTB.

Lucky you! I finish at 2:15 but I have zero motivation to do anything - can't really have 3 rest days this week so need to grind this evening.

A couple of years ago we went to Genoa for a week. Nice place. Oldest medieval town centre in Europe apparently. Good food. Christopher Columbus's house. And an art gallery on Piazza de Ferrari where we saw an exhibition of paintings by Amedeo Modigliani. Junior and I both agreed necks were his weak spot. Anyhoo, last night I read in the paper that most of the paintings on display were fakes! Most! The majority! Over 50%!

I want my money back.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
upload_2019-3-28_15-8-41.png

Top Bottom