Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm off to Orkney today.
Not staying, just collecting a grandson.
Glasgow to Scrabster by bus.
Boat to Stromness. Bus to Kirkwall.
Collect him then head to a different boat at midnight .
Kirkwall to Aberdeen.
Arrive at 07:00 tomorrow morning then a bus back to Glasgow.
25 hour round trip.

He used to fly down by himself but the airlines stopped that last year.

The Meaning of Liff, a book that allocates meaning to placenames, defines Scrabster as:

Scrabster (n.) One of those dogs which has it off on your leg during tea. :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Has a significant other shown up yet? IIRC, that was my lightbulb moment, but those sorts of things happened a lot earlier back when we were free-range youth. I was riding the bus to school as my car was broken, and I met a girl, who was enthused about going out with me, so I had to raise cash to both get the car fixed and pay for the date.

Not yet !!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Cracking 3 hour ride, under 'quoted ' the climbing, 3200 feet and 26 miles. My body is smashed now. Aching all over. Really pleased that I got down a few descents much faster than usual (off road rocky stuff) but think that's down to better tyres. Litle chilly to start, but glad for just shorts and a short sleeve top - I was dripping wet.

Busy morning running a batch of errands in town. Stopped off at Tesco (I needed fuel for tomorrow) for some bananas and kit kats. Came out with Walkers pork pie, crumbed ham, salami, gruyere cheese, garlic-stuffed olives, raspberries and Green&Blacks dark chocolate with ginger on Yellow Sticker. Happy Reynard.

Also got some Felix AGAIL cheaply in Wilkinsons.

The girls got flead and wormed this morning. And Mr Gingernuts has reappeared after a two week absence.

Well I was lazy yesterday and didn't do exercise, everyone at work is getting sick and I felt like it could be my time! However, my mum is heavily involved in the local Gardening Society and they have a new project to help encourage the village scout group to get growing potatoes etc. But they needed to prep all the compost and stuff so I went to help her. Was nice to get fresh air and know its benefiting the local scouts!

Gardening is good exercise too. It's fun because you don't realise you're doing it LOL

Cat food ! :angry: My daughter has bought 2 boxes of different flavoured moist cat food. I have now tried both flavours on Schrodie and all he does is eat the jelly. :angry: I don't know what they do to make the chunks but my cats don't like them . :angry:

Time to swap brands, perhaps? What you feeding to Schodie, btw?

Are the others, presume you already have more than one, just for decoration?

I have two others. A kid's Hercules that I saved from a skip and rode for a couple of years before it became too small. I'm kind of loath to get shot of it. The other is my old Emmelle (yeah, I know...) MTB that dad bought for me. But it's a mite too big, and junctions / dismounts are a bit of a lottery. Having said that, I've ridden it to the point of knackeredness, and am using it to teach myself bike maintenance. It's currently a rather fetching pile of bits LOL.

Top Bottom