Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Eh, well this was a day that didn't quite go as planned...

Spent the morning in town running errands. Got caught in horrendous traffic (car hit a tree I think, road closed), late home for lunch.

Sorted out my hungry, only to notice that Madam Poppy has a problem with her mouth. She wouldn't let me look at it. Manage to get an emergency tea time appointment at the vet. Poppy has snapped her last remaining bottom canine (the other one broke after a hard landing seven years ago) and made a mess of her gum. She's on metacam over the weekend and off for a dental on Monday morning to remove the root and sort out her mouth.

Barely enough energy to throw supper together.

Have only just sat down with a :cuppa:

Still need to sort out my stuff for tomorrow as I'm stewarding at a cat show in Coventry.

Maybe pointing out the bits you didn't get wrong then.

That would certainly be quicker.

I did pick out a few bits on YS in Tesco this morning though...

Got some taleggio and cave-aged cheddar at half price, likewise strawberries, raspberries and courgettes, while the damaged goods crate yielded three boxes of special k breakfast cereal, a jar of jalapenos and a large bottle of Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil.

Plenty of stuff off the meat, fish and deli counters, but nothing much I wanted and there wasn't that much knocked off any of it. New development is that they now put security tags on the YS stuff off the counters. Guess people have been swiping stuff of late...

classic33

Leg End Member
I did pick out a few bits on YS in Tesco this morning though...

Got some taleggio and cave-aged cheddar at half price, likewise strawberries, raspberries and courgettes, while the damaged goods crate yielded three boxes of special k breakfast cereal, a jar of jalapenos and a large bottle of Filippo Berio extra virgin olive oil.

Plenty of stuff off the meat, fish and deli counters, but nothing much I wanted and there wasn't that much knocked off any of it. New development is that they now put security tags on the YS stuff off the counters. Guess people have been swiping stuff of late...
You mean like the machine itself?

Tesco are supposed to be starting to use a new manual price tag, which has a built in security tag.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Spent the morning in town running errands. Got caught in horrendous traffic (car hit a tree I think, road closed), late home for lunch.

Sorted out my hungry, only to notice that Madam Poppy has a problem with her mouth. She wouldn't let me look at it. Manage to get an emergency tea time appointment at the vet. Poppy has snapped her last remaining bottom canine (the other one broke after a hard landing seven years ago) and made a mess of her gum. She's on metacam over the weekend and off for a dental on Monday morning to remove the root and sort out her mouth.

Still need to sort out my stuff for tomorrow as I'm stewarding at a cat show in Coventry.
Aahh poor Poppy, give her a :hugs:from me.

D

Deleted member 1258

You're in my neck of the woods..

May I draw members attention to the existence of Japanese Melon Soda. In a bottle:

Melon_Soda.JPG

You're welcome.

Top Bottom