Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tis a can, there's damage at the joint on't bottom.

Indeed it is: a can in the shape of a bottle.

So there. Because they can.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Right, 3 mugs of tea and 2 of coffee plus a load of laundry washed and dried. I better get back to bed or I'll never get up to Cloudwater this afternoon.

Blimey, you got up early. I foretell several trips to the loo for you after that lot. Going back to bed might be risky.

Currently trying to write my application letters for a job. This is somewhat difficult because it must be:

1. Reasonably tailored for the specific job or organisation I'm applying for, and also
  2. Grammatically correct, so I have to get it checked because my German is fluent but I treat German sentences as a sort of downhill MTB route: I aim for the other end and try to get over the obstacles as fast as possible.

This means I'm currently writing paragraphs specific to the three areas I'm aiming for (Addiction/Psychological therapy, Adult retraining and education, and Youthwork) in the hope I can get those checked, and then cut and paste as required.

Mind you, as the one interview I have so far is the result of a hurriedly written and uncorrected email (I had 20 minutes to write and send it) I'm not sure why I'm bothering.

In other news it's pishing it down.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Had a lovely day stewarding at the Bedford & District show today - in the household pet section, my favourite :wub: Driving to and from the show was rather, umm, entertaining, given the weather. Stopped off at a friend's place on the way home for a :cuppa: and a good chinwag.

Now relaxing with a :cuppa: and a lap full of Poppycat.
As I was out/working on Friday, I forgot to wish you a happy Alien Day Friday. Sorry about that.

Beautiful Daughter is experimenting with tantrums. She's just been told she can't have something:

Waaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaa...

(pause to evaluate reaction. Nothing.)

(Slightly higher octave)

(pause again to evaluate reaction: not a sausage)

(Slightly higher octave)

Beautiful wife: (from another room): Try again; you may get even higher next time...

Top Bottom