Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I took the new phone back . It is amazing how new technology can replicate the sound of 2 empty baked bean cans and a piece of string . :whistle:
My wife went on line and discovered a solution to our BT phone problem . Something to do with a call log thingy being full ! :ohmy: Once that was emptied the thing has been working fine .
I'm expecting a newer arrival later .

:laugh: awesome ain't it

Levo-Lon

Guru
Not a bad morning
Step farthers day for me, off to a bbq..
Moto gp on now from Catalunya. So a perfect day.. I may have a couple of cold ones later... :smile:

I can see a tiny patch of blue sky .

Mouse was on the menu for supper last night ! Or so he thought as he brought it into the living room . Luckily it was dead and I managed to take it off him and throw it out on to the back lawn .
Well ! I was about to go to bed at the time .
It just remined me of a time many years ago when a mouse trap went off in the night . I picked up the trap with mouse and put it out of the back door . In the morning the mouse and trap had gone ! :ohmy:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I'm having lunch, as I sit looking over at Le Jet d'Eau on Lac Leman. It's un crepe avec jambon et gruyere, and although it doesn't cure the fact that I've been awake for 36 hours, it's fun to eat! Bon appetit... :hungry:

Sorry, forgot to mention that the weather's perfect: dry and mid to high 20s. How remiss of me to leave that detail out. :whistle:

gbb

Legendary Member
I aimed for a short ride (1 hour) yesterday afternoon. 1/2 mile in, I turned round, the clouds were looking increasingly ominous and headed my way. I rode back....it didnt rain :sad:. If I'd have kept going, sods law says I'd have got soaked.
Later that afternoon, early evening I thought I'd try again. I stepped I to the garden, I feel rain spots :sad:
Ahh well, I'll try tomorrow (now today). I had a good lie In, daughter and SIL came round so that's this morning done.
Son, partner and grandkids arrive at 12.30 for dinner, daughter and SIL are invited too so that's 8 for dinner . Maybe later (6pm ish) for a bike ride, let's see if that can go awry.
Very happy my kiddos and family are coming btw, I love family dinners and afternoons.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
It isn't. It's Cornwall.

Cornish spiders ....

Ode to the solar-powered bird-bath fountain:

Saturday, installed in haste
Gloomy clouds then buckets of rain
Oh bird-bath fountain, when will you work?
Sunday came, the anxious wait
Blackened clouds became light grey
Bird-bath fountain inert again
No solar power, just more rain.

You've pulled the little tab out I spose ...

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Just the Dubai stopover?
No, I flew to Geneva via Abu Dhabi, a 13.5 hr then 6 hr flight, and got no sleep, hence the jetlag. Tomorrow I take a TER train from Geneva Cointrin station to Grenoble over 2 hrs, where the B&B owner picks me up for a 1.5 hr drive to the cycling mecca that is Le Bourg-d'Oisans. I stay there 2 wks then the B&B owner of La Tuvière in Jarrier drives me between the 2 towns. La Tuvière is uphill (very much) from St-Jean-de-Maurienne, so that will be challenging for my legs.
:bicycle:
Then when it's all over, the La Tuvière owner drives me to Grenoble, and the trip home is the reverse of the trip to the Alps.

Last edited:

postman

Legendary Member
Well that was short lived.I had intended to trim my neighbours hedge.So first thing that went wrong,trimmer would not start.The extention cable the brown wire had come out of the holder.So when i had put it back together again,the heavens have opened,all tools back in the garage and the big tool back on here.

classic33

Leg End Member
No, I flew to Geneva via Abu Dhabi, a 13.5 hr then 6 hr flight, and got no sleep, hence the jetlag. Tomorrow I take a TER train from Geneva Cointrin station to Grenoble over 2 hrs, where the B&B owner picks me up for a 1.5 hr drive to the cycling mecca that is Le Bourg-d'Oisans. I stay there 2 wks then the B&B owner of La Tuvière in Jarrier drives me between the 2 towns. La Tuvière is uphill (very much) from St-Jean-de-Maurienne, so that will be challenging for my legs.
:bicycle:
Then when it's all over, the La Tuvière owner drives me to Grenoble, and the trip home is the reverse of the trip to the Alps.
Would it be easier to cycle there and back. Cut out the flying.

Top Bottom