Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I love the sound of cicadas. I live near a large park here in Northern Hong Kong and I walk through the park going to work. The sound is amazing. Gets louder and louder then quietens down and then it starts again. Amazing sound.:becool:

classic33

Leg End Member
I strimmed the grass at the allotment this morning. The grass had grown rather long. The strimmer packed up with three feet of tall grass to go until finished (a patch of grass three feet long, not that the grass was 3' tall (it was only 2' tall, so there...)).
First time I saw and used a strimmer, the grass being cut was higher than the fence.

I love the sound of cicadas. I live near a large park here in Northern Hong Kong and I walk through the park going to work. The sound is amazing. Gets louder and louder then quietens down and then it starts again. Amazing sound.:becool:

Me too, although I associate it with Japan. Beautiful Wife's family live a few hundred metres from a shrine and the cicadas in the trees kick off at about 0500.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My legs are still stinging from nettle rash two hours after my ride. Get stung every ride at the moment within 1/2 a mile from home as part of my route is over grown.

Might get arrested if I turn up with a big chopper as the track is overlooked by houses. Nettles it is.

classic33

Leg End Member
My legs are still stinging from nettle rash two hours after my ride. Get stung every ride at the moment within 1/2 a mile from home as part of my route is over grown.

Might get arrested if I turn up with a big chopper as the track is overlooked by houses. Nettles it is.
They didn't arrest me, walking through Bradford, crossing from Forster Square to the Interchange.

Bit hard hide a scythe. Use a slasher instead, easier hide. Should you need to.

They didn't arrest me, walking through Bradford, crossing from Forster Square to the Interchange.

Bit hard hide a scythe. Use a slasher instead, easier hide. Should you need to.

Nowhere to put the handcuffs.

It is 20 years this year since I was last in Bradford. To give you an idea, when I travelled there it was on a class 91/mk4 combo, pulled by a Class 31 because the wires were not up yet.

classic33

Leg End Member
Nowhere to put the handcuffs.

It is 20 years this year since I was last in Bradford. To give you an idea, when I travelled there it was on a class 91/mk4 combo, pulled by a Class 31 because the wires were not up yet.
Wires went up in the mid 80's!

I assume you went to Forster Square, Interchange still hasn't got them.

Top Bottom