Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
We have had rain!

On the subject of cycling at motor racing circuits, in addition to Mallory Park & Castle Combe, Brands Hatch holds a 24hr event one a year (I think it's quite soon), Snetterton has a charity ride at least once a year and Donington Park used to hold regular evening sessions. I've also cycled round the current Silverstone layout when it was first opened.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'm making a rhubarb crumble... :hungry:

classic33

Leg End Member
WH Smith shop in Leeds i did not use a marker pen,but i did take a long look at a route i wanted to do,£5-99 when i could have a freebie.
Would that have been whilst they were on the first floor, with only two staff.

I've done trackdays there & don't remember any change in elevation, but I suppose over 100mph you tend to miss these things :laugh:
Yeah it turns out that motorsport lies about elevation, as I found out when puggling up the Avenue d'Ostende in Monaco at 6mph to the great amusement of tourists.
Made up for it on the descent though. Overtaking supercars on the Loews/Fairmont hairpin :hyper:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Switching over the MIL to a cheap contract has proved tricky. Her O2 PAYG was horrendously expensive. Wife managed to get through, but O2 insisted that they needed to go through all the T&Cs with her mum, despite POA. We gave up, as her mum just isn't interested in listening to it, and would just say 'don't know' to questions (she is all there). Cancelled it. New contract arranged quickly with Voda, but the shop wouldn't do it as had to be online.

New SIM arrived, wouldn't work. Applied to O2 for unlock, came back not locked. Phone is a very old Nokia. Looks like we've got to order a 'new' 3310 that looks and works similar to the old phones. This has so far taken about 3 weeks. What a faff.

classic33

Leg End Member
Switching over the MIL to a cheap contract has proved tricky. Her O2 PAYG was horrendously expensive. Wife managed to get through, but O2 insisted that they needed to go through all the T&Cs with her mum, despite POA. We gave up, as her mum just isn't interested in listening to it, and would just say 'don't know' to questions (she is all there). Cancelled it. New contract arranged quickly with Voda, but the shop wouldn't do it as had to be online.

New SIM arrived, wouldn't work. Applied to O2 for unlock, came back not locked. Phone is a very old Nokia. Looks like we've got to order a 'new' 3310 that looks and works similar to the old phones. This has so far taken about 3 weeks. What a faff.
Unlocked 3330 any use?

Top Bottom