Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Aye I bet his mate had told him it was a condom machine, you had to ask where they were hidden when someone answered. :whistle:

The thing that prompted me to buy my first mobile phone happened in a phone box in Dublin in 2001 when I lived there. There was no phone in the house where I was renting a room so used to use the phone box at the end of the street. I went out one dark winter's evening to make a phone call and the light wasn't working in the phone box and the receiver felt funny when I lifted it. I lit my cigarette lighter to see what was going on and seen that someone had stretched a condom over the receiver. I doubt it was a used one but even so, I almost vomited and went out the next day and bought a mobile phone (something I said I'd never do) so I wouldn't have to do that any more.

Yowser, that's impressive.

I've had German Lessons of polish people and from what I've seen Polish grammar makes German grammar look simple.

I also have a smattering of Flemish (Dutch) and Russian, plus pretty passable German. :blush:

Polish and German grammar are actually pretty similar. Take it from me, it's French grammar that really takes the biscuit...

Sounds like here. I trained in a local carpentry but they had two distinct dialects of Swabian. When I went to my interview last week they spoke a completely different dialect.

And let's not even start on Swiss German...

Dialects seem to hold on stronger here than the UK, possibly because people move around less.

I dunno, I stuck out like a sore thumb dialect / accent-wise when I went down to Hampshire in July. :laugh: The way they speak in Hampshire is totally different to what we speak here in East Cambs. It leaves one open to quite funny looks, you know that "you're definitely not from around here" kind of look. :laugh:

And French granpa?

peacoat-18-2.jpg

Top Bottom