Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I think he may have actually going to phone someone. He had the receiver up to his ear and was putting change in it.:wacko:
Probably an historical re-enactment.

Last edited:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
They still get used over there(Ireland), and not abused as much.
We still have a phone booth across the street from my workplace, really just a phone and shelter for the phone on a pole, never seen it used, and I've worked in the neighborhood for 20 years. There was also a pay phone in my building, across the street. but they finally came and removed it about 5 years ago. One of my co-workers used to use it, then he got a cell phone as well.
th?id=OIP.C7G3EJMxWCIdVOrW_pMdoAHaLh&w=192&h=300&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg
From the web.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1258

I get the feeling you two don't like football, sorry, pilka nozna ooooaaaar me hearties! :crazy:

They're not the only ones.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Day started off not so great as daughter in a mood as she should be enrolling at college and we are on holiday, various strops.

Got to beach, and left mum and daughter to it in the sea as had enough. Went for a walk with daughter round harbour, and as usual in resorts, restaurant staff ask if you want to come in. Guy was polite and we just said later as we were having a walk.

Anyway, a while later we leave beach for some food, and I'd already eyed up said restaurant as a good cool area to escape the heat. Chap recognised us, but wife wanted to look at shops.... I said 'soon'. Anyway, 5 mins later we are heading in to lots of smiles on both sides and attention for us. Ended up spending 90 euro plus 10 euro tip for lovely t bone steak, fillet and prawns, and chicken, plus beers and cocktails. Turned out best meal of holiday, right on the beach.

Got back to hotel, cleaned up and took daughter out to play pool (and me drink some beer). Well, mum happy from break from daughter, daughter happy and now have gifts for family/work/her boyfriend. Me and Mrs F are off back to where we had lunch to watch the sunset (daughter staying in room - her choice). Home tomorrow.

Phew....

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Day started off not so great as daughter in a mood as she should be enrolling at college and we are on holiday, various strops.

Got to beach, and left mum and daughter to it in the sea as had enough. Went for a walk with daughter round harbour, and as usual in resorts, restaurant staff ask if you want to come in. Guy was polite and we just said later as we were having a walk.

Anyway, a while later we leave beach for some food, and I'd already eyed up said restaurant as a good cool area to escape the heat. Chap recognised us, but wife wanted to look at shops.... I said 'soon'. Anyway, 5 mins later we are heading in to lots of smiles on both sides and attention for us. Ended up spending 90 euro plus 10 euro tip for lovely t bone steak, fillet and prawns, and chicken, plus beers and cocktails. Turned out best meal of holiday, right on the beach.

Got back to hotel, cleaned up and took daughter out to play pool (and me drink some beer). Well, mum happy from break from daughter, daughter happy and now have gifts for family/work/her boyfriend. Me and Mrs F are off back to where we had lunch to watch the sunset (daughter staying in room - her choice). Home tomorrow.

Phew....
:notworthy: You did what you wanted and got praised. :becool: We truly are not worthy. :bravo:

Top Bottom