Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sanity or Mind?

Knowing me, both most like... :laugh:

Two days in and you're spent up!

Alas, yes. :blush:

Usually, the sort of things I'm after tend to pop up one at the time, but it just so happened that a bunch of stuff that's been on my wish list for a fair while all came up for sale at the same time. Given how hard some of these items are to come by, I'd have been stupid to pass them up.

The only thing that wasn't on the list was the press pack. But it's one of those slightly more unusual bits that will sit well with the rest of the archive. The actual raceday programme for that particular meeting seems to crop up regularly, so it can wait until my kitty is replenished.

classic33

Leg End Member
Alas, yes. :blush:

Usually, the sort of things I'm after tend to pop up one at the time, but it just so happened that a bunch of stuff that's been on my wish list for a fair while all came up for sale at the same time. Given how hard some of these items are to come by, I'd have been stupid to pass them up.

The only thing that wasn't on the list was the press pack. But it's one of those slightly more unusual bits that will sit well with the rest of the archive. The actual raceday programme for that particular meeting seems to crop up regularly, so it can wait until my kitty is replenished.
There will be at least half a dozen appear for sale later today.

There will be at least half a dozen appear for sale later today.

Don't... Just... Don't...

Anyways, off up my oddly even wooden hill. Dunk in the tub and then sleep.

classic33

Leg End Member
It's National Welsh Rarebit Day

Melted cheese on bread is thankfully not a new concept. The Swiss have fondue, the French croque madames or monsieurs. The British have Welsh Rarebit, or as it’s properly known, Welsh Rabbit.

The history about this dish is rather murky. Some say the Welsh invented it as a consolatory supper after an unsuccessful hunt. Others say it’s a tavern dish inspired by a national love of cheese.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
We still have a phone booth across the street from my workplace, really just a phone and shelter for the phone on a pole, never seen it used, and I've worked in the neighborhood for 20 years. There was also a pay phone in my building, across the street. but they finally came and removed it about 5 years ago. One of my co-workers used to use it, then he got a cell phone as well. View attachment 483157 From the web.

We have one at the end of our road, by the bus stop.

Top Bottom