Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone want a :cuppa: ? I'm off to make another.

If only you'd asked earlier, I'd just made mine...

postman

Legendary Member
Gud mourning.I am up early as i have jobs to do.This week i am decorating the front room.While i ave bin away.Mrs P as emptied the display cabinets ,i have to see to the table and chairs,so i can have more room.So it is going to be a busy week.I will not be riding but i shall be on 'ere.See you all later.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Yep. Currently sat at the Harbour Hub Cafe with breakfast

Now we've moved oop north, the wife just drives over, as she did Wednesday, when the third sister was there. :crazy::wacko::laugh:

I think they were discussing when they'd have their next get together.

Rather miss my rides along the coast path & I've been too busy to do much riding. I did manage to ride to the end of the salt line tho'.

vlcsnap-2019-09-21-10h29m08s104.png

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Know what you mean about being different...

School could be a nightmare at times.

Shortest kid in the year, very much a "plain Jane", English is actually only my third language (so some things I couldn't pronounce right - and still can't for that matter, though now I'm likely to find a good synonym), I was an introverted bookish geek that didn't fit in with the "beautiful people" crowd that tended to coalesce around the footballers' daughters that were in my year, and my parents couldn't afford the fancypants stuff that a lot of the other girls had. So yeah, I was a target.

They used to do was take my belongings and put them where I couldn't reach, tear up the motor racing magazines I'd bought, take the insides out of my fountain pen (we had to write with a fountain pen) etc. No wonder it messes with your head, and they think it's f*****g funny...
:hugs:

Know what you mean about being different...

School could be a nightmare at times.

Shortest kid in the year, very much a "plain Jane", English is actually only my third language (so some things I couldn't pronounce right - and still can't for that matter, though now I'm likely to find a good synonym), I was an introverted bookish geek that didn't fit in with the "beautiful people" crowd that tended to coalesce around the footballers' daughters that were in my year, and my parents couldn't afford the fancypants stuff that a lot of the other girls had. So yeah, I was a target.

They used to do was take my belongings and put them where I couldn't reach, tear up the motor racing magazines I'd bought, take the insides out of my fountain pen (we had to write with a fountain pen) etc. No wonder it messes with your head, and they think it's f*****g funny...

I was only the second shortest among the boys, but that doesn't help when you have Rugby, which in our school was a legalised form of bullying. Oh sure, there are 'positions' for short people, but that depends on the other 30 people understanding the concept of "team".

I also moved from a town called Knutsford, just south of Manchester, to a town in the west Midlands. Knutsford was a strange place, it was near the HQ of a major bank, so it was like a colony of stockbrokers in the north west; I went to school with kids who spoke like the queen, which doesn't help when you're later transported into a West Midland industrial town.

Having SPS didn't help, particularly as I didn't know what that was. It has been suggested that a lot of what I experienced as "Bullying" was really the general rough and tumble of school life and I was unable to deal with it because of my sensitivity, but that's still no excuse.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I was only the second shortest among the boys, but that doesn't help when you have Rugby, which in our school was a legalised form of bullying. Oh sure, there are 'positions' for short people, but that depends on the other 30 people understanding the concept of "team".

I also moved from a town called Knutsford, just south of Manchester, to a town in the west Midlands. Knutsford was a strange place, it was near the HQ of a major bank, so it was like a colony of stockbrokers in the north west; I went to school with kids who spoke like the queen, which doesn't help when you're later transported into a West Midland industrial town.

Having SPS didn't help, particularly as I didn't know what that was. It has been suggested that a lot of what I experienced as "Bullying" was really the general rough and tumble of school life and I was unable to deal with it because of my sensitivity, but that's still no excuse.
My parents moved to Knutsford in 85 so I used to go up a couple of times a year, strange town. I was at a loss where to drink as the pubs/bars were all full of 'trendies' from out of town but then I found 'The Lord Eldon' tucked out of the way, the locals pub.

My parents moved to Knutsford in 85 so I used to go up a couple of times a year, strange town. I was at a loss where to drink as the pubs/bars were all full of 'trendies' from out of town but then I found 'The Lord Eldon' tucked out of the way, the locals pub.

That's very weird: that's when I was at school there.

And yes, the trendy thing was in full swing at the time. It was a bit like being in one of the cooler south east towns.

And yet, a few kilometres north was one of the most deprived areas of Britain. Very odd.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
That's very weird: that's when I was at school there.

And yes, the trendy thing was in full swing at the time. It was a bit like being in one of the cooler south east towns.

And yet, a few kilometres north was one of the most deprived areas of Britain. Very odd.
I was glad of them living there once, I was camping with my girlfriend in the lake district and she took a fall and 'tweaked' the tendon in her left knee which meant she couldn't work the clutch in her car. I ended up driving the car back on L plates after a call to her insurers to cover me (I've got a bike licence so that acts as a provisional for a car) It was OK til we got to Manchester and all the 'through routes' direct you to motorways which I couldn't drive on. I found out that Pamela's map=reading skills were nonexistant and was getting pretty lost until I saw a sign that said "Knutsford 18 miles" so I followed that. :angel:

postman

Legendary Member
Right i ave done a few jobs.So that's it for today.Best news is we don't have damp on the wall.It is just a bloom covering because the air vent is under a display cabinet.I took it off and put a torch under the floor boards.No damp no smells as such.I cannot resite it as it would mean cutting a little bit out of a joist,no way.So it is staying where it is.All is good.Sunday our Arbour is being delivered and erected,i start again on Monday.Extra mundane news Mrs P is now retired she left the Local Sainsbugs this morning after her shift finished.SHE IS GOING TO BE MISSED.She did more than she should have.

Top Bottom