Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It does that, long after you've theoretically moved on.

Very much so.

It's hard to put it into words as well...

Oh, for goodness sake...

Earlier this week I was supporting Elder Son practising for his mid-course exam as a bike mechanic. The shop he works for should provide a new bike with certain features. Unfortunately they eventually provided an pretty old bike without all the required parts.

We tried a practice run but it proved impossible to fulfil several things that the exam requires.

We emailed the college and explained the situation, suggesting that we could use one of our bikes: it's a bit old but it fulfils all the other criteria.

The school then forwarded our email to the boss. What the H*ll happened to confidentiality?

Boss hit the roof.

Now Elder Son has requested I go in to talk to the boss, and take the bike with me so we can have a practice run tonight.

Aaaaargh! :banghead:

classic33

Leg End Member
The poem I am working on is titled "Secret Shame"
Secret Shame
I feel so ashamed,
yet I can’t stop myself.
It really cannot
be too good for my health.

I’m addicted to chocolate
and I’m putting on weight.
My clothes hardly fit,
but is it too late?

Should I quit now,
or wait a few days and hours?
Do I have what it takes?
Do I have the will-power?

The worse thing of all
is, I smuggle it to bed.
I might scoff a few bars,
before I lay down my head.

I take special care,
of my teeth and my gums.
But eating so late,
adds weight round my tum.

If I had the incentive,
I think I could stop.
Until the next time,
I’m near the sweet shop.

Copyright © Rose English April 2018

Secret Shame
I feel so ashamed,
yet I can’t stop myself.
It really cannot
be too good for my health.

I’m addicted to chocolate
and I’m putting on weight.
My clothes hardly fit,
but is it too late?

Should I quit now,
or wait a few days and hours?
Do I have what it takes?
Do I have the will-power?

The worse thing of all
is, I smuggle it to bed.
I might scoff a few bars,
before I lay down my head.

I take special care,
of my teeth and my gums.
But eating so late,
adds weight round my tum.

If I had the incentive,
I think I could stop.
Until the next time,
I’m near the sweet shop.

Copyright © Rose English April 2018

:laugh:

Love it xxx

Ripple

Veteran
So we have got a cat at work. :becool:

I was told she came to work about 5 years ago in a very poor condition. Look at her now - the best looking employee of the company. :laugh: She gets her own special food (and it's not the cheapest one), cookies, her own bed and lots of love from all of us - and she likes it.

20190920_075614.jpg
20190920_172639.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Waiting for my steak and Guinness pie. Top of Prestatyn mountain at The Eagle and Child
20190920_184536.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
oK i am back from a five day stay in Hunmanby.It was brilliant me and 91 year old Ernie laughed all week.One of his carers told me he had been telling her about me and how he looks forward to seeing me,awe :wub:.We went out to the local church for lunch today,i have asked him to go on a regular basis and to meet people in the village his own age,as it is good company.So he needed the toilet just as i had to go for the bus,once an hour they arrive and i could not miss it.so i got to the door of the hall turned to wave,he looked so little and sad.Anyway i was still waiting when he came out on his mobility scooter,he came over and in front of about ten passengers i gave him a big hug and a kiss.He them waved me off.Bless him.

So we have got a cat at work. :becool:

I was told she came to work about 5 years ago in a very poor condition. Look at her now - the best looking employee of the company. :laugh: She gets her own special food (and it's not the cheapest one), cookies, her own bed and lots of love from all of us - and she likes it.

View attachment 485961 View attachment 485962

Ah, isn't she just gorgeous :wub:

Please give her a chin scritch from me. :blush:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Back at the van - didn't stop long as it was breezy up top, and I'd been sweatting profusely to get up the climb (a mix of ride and push up on the bridleway as it's massively overgrown, and poor surface for grip) - the steep bit at 25% is fine as it's tarmac and I'm on an MTB, but the shallower gradient, is hard to ride up due to the surface. A couple at the bar said 'you didn't ride up'.... I said I need my pint now, and the lady said a barrell will do. There is a road route, and a bridleway - the road route is a shocker on a road bike, 25-33%, but the bridleway is a real killer.

Top Bottom