Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel shame
As though I'm to blame
Though I'm not
The tormentor has forgot
But not me
It festers inside me

^^^ This.

Anyways, here's the first verse of mine:

Slinking in the darkest shadows
One sore abused cur was I
Left to nurse a wounded heart
Torn apart by secret shame
Enchained thus rendered dirty
And through circumstance guilty
So decrying the premise
Of being true to myself
By others to lies constrained

Two words for the bullies I had at school:

I Won.

I think I did in the end too. Remember what I said in the regrets thread...

I had most trying to work out what I may do to them. All but one got the message.

Being different did bother some. Getting inside their heads made it harder for them.

Know what you mean about being different...

School could be a nightmare at times.

Shortest kid in the year, very much a "plain Jane", English is actually only my third language (so some things I couldn't pronounce right - and still can't for that matter, though now I'm likely to find a good synonym), I was an introverted bookish geek that didn't fit in with the "beautiful people" crowd that tended to coalesce around the footballers' daughters that were in my year, and my parents couldn't afford the fancypants stuff that a lot of the other girls had. So yeah, I was a target.

They used to do was take my belongings and put them where I couldn't reach, tear up the motor racing magazines I'd bought, take the insides out of my fountain pen (we had to write with a fountain pen) etc. No wonder it messes with your head, and they think it's f*****g funny...

classic33

Leg End Member
If only I could've bloody reached their ears... :angry:

And the teachers did absolutely sweet FA about it, other than call my mother to see the Head, who suggested I go see a shrink because I wasn't making any friends. :gun:
Done the way I did it, you'd have reached their ears. Sat across his chest, shaking his head. Height didn't come into it.

He spent the last two years wondering what I might do next.

Done the way I did it, you'd have reached their ears. Sat across his chest, shaking his head. Height didn't come into it.

He spent the last two years wondering what I might do next.

If only...

Teenage girls tend to hunt in packs. A one-on-one was never going to happen. And it was always sod's law that if I landed a punch, a teacher would walk in at that moment and I'd end up being the one in trouble.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tried never to leave a physical mark, that could be seen. Showing off in front of his mates, who didn't want to get involved but see him win.

We'd a fair system at school. Everyone involved got treated the same when caught. Unless there was a clear cut victim.

Similar in many ways. Girls were "cat fights", boys were showing off for their mates. Outnumbered when it came to saying what happened. That's where the fair part, everyone got the same treatment.

Makes me wonder whether the celebrity aspect of some of the girls' parentage may have had a bearing on the "hands off" approach from the staff. The pastoral care was, in retrospect, nowhere near what it *should* have been.

You at least had access to weapons!

Well, they didn't like it up 'em, to quote Corporal Jones...

Morning!
It's another bright start to the day. I am drinking a :cuppa:. Aching from an unexpected ride yesterday.
I had just got in from going to Halfords to buy some stuff for spraying some bits on my bike and was told that my friend had rang to see if I wanted to go for a ride. A quick change of clothes,not as fast as Superman! A buttered hot cross bun, and loaded my bike into the car and I was off.
We just did a casual potter with plenty of stops. We stopped on a bridge overlooking the river Avon . I was just looking over and spotted a small bird fly down the length of the river, and then heard the distinctive high pitched whistle. It was a Kingfisher! :smile:. I didn't see it again,. The river is shrowded in trees which obscure most of it .
We set off again and did a bit of a meandering route eventually ending up at a pub for a half.
Not sure of the mileage yet. Something like 12 to 14.

Top Bottom